Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumbass Cops.........Really

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, May 22, 2006.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So I was reading the paper today from the town that I work in. There was this article about the two cops they have and neither one of them dipsh!ts have a high school diploma let alone a GED. Now I believe by law that is kind of a requirement to be a cop. They like to pull over people all day long so if they ever pull Me over I think I would fight it on the grounds that they have no right to be cops:haha:

BTW this is not to bash on anyone who never graduated. Unless your an uneducated cop:D :D :D

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    not surprised really

3. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

small town?

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well...it is Oklahoma after all...

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You get what you pay for.

6. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, if they are grandfathered in there is nothing you can do.

Although, my wife is a speach pathologist, in her 2nd to last simester of undergrad, they made anyone wanting to work in that field go for their masters, so 80,000 dollats later she has one simester left of graduate school.

so maybe, they can make those cops go to night classes. they will not get rid of them though.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ding, ding, ding. I think that we have a winner here....

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i didn't know they had schools out there?
    i thought if you can shoot a deer, take a plug of tobacco, and have relations with either your sister, or a farm animal, you were just given a diploma?????
    am i wrong?

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I seriously doubt that there is a "law" for such a requirement. Any agency, company or other outfit that has employees is generally free to set whatever requirements (or lack of them, in this case) they feel necessary for their employment policy. Not saying I don't think these two cops might be seriously underqualified, just saying that there's probably no law saying they have to be educated.

I have a GED. I happen to read and write at a level which has gotten me published in newspapers and magazines, and I am my fire departments lead training Lieutenant. I am also the training officer for the state firefighter association. Basically, I am a firefighter teacher, and pretty good at it. So a lack of "formal" education shoud not be an automatic disqualification for any particular field, especially something as blue-collar as public service.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Does not surprise me really.....................

A lot of these small towns out here, it's just sad really............................

You've got low salaries. In fact I would not be surprised if there's still towns paying under $1000 a month. Strike 1. Then there's the equipment they have. There's places running around in 10-15 year old patrol cars. Strike 2. And last but not least, the city council. Strike 3.

I've seen 21 year old police chiefs in this state, supervising a total force of themselves. For the most part, most of the idiots stay downstate. They don't want to have anything to do with this area because it's BFE which is good, because that keeps most of the inbreds down there. Over 99% of the guys that come up here from downstate do not make it up here. The small towns don't have much going on, well except for one and the police in that town have lost control of it. The only agency I know of that has people from downstate long term is OHP. I think it's about half and half know, a lot of guys that go OHP from here usually come back, but sometimes they like it downstate better. From what they say, OHP around here is different because the brass in OKC doesn't really pay them any mind so they can be somewhat relaxed. We've got a good group of troopers in here right now.

It's really sad the low hiring standards a lot of places have. Outside of the metro areas and state agencies, the standards are usually just dependant on the time of day and which way the wind is blowing. Nothing will change within the next thousand years or so. If the city council doesn't like what they have, they'll just run that guy out of town and hire some other guy and continue the cycle.