Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumbest thing youv ever done on your truck?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Apr 15, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

C'mon lets hear them stories /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I wanna know what the dumbest thing youv ever done is while working on your rig or wheeling or whatever /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Spending money on 1/2 ton axles to try to make them live with 38s. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif </font>

3. uglychevyZZ4

ahhh, cmon thats it? you mean youv never messed anything up on it? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Out "Impressing" a Lady Freind, hoping to get "lucky" and backing into a damn tree. Of course it was around midnight, and those Awesome O.E.M. backup light's were of no help.

But after bustin Bark, Her banging Her head on the back window, I did get "Lucky" after all.

Ahhhh Memory's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

When I was installing my super cool dual shock kit on the front end of my 79 jimmy that I had I did the drivers side with no problems. Bolte don the bracket and extra shock and went and did the passenger side, drilled one hole with no problem and then struck gas on the other one /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, so I had gas pouring out. It was so fun cutting the ends smooth and splicing in a piece of hose,LOL.

-Jeremy

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

dropped the body durring body lift, I triped and the jack slipped.

[​IMG]

7. supersize75

dropped the body durring body lift, I triped and the jack slipped.

[​IMG]

and trying to make toyota lights work /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    [​IMG]

8. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif lemmie guess, you left the jack handle down and fell over it? Ive done that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

We posted the pics here, but I'll say it again....dropping the front end down and having the truck pivot on the jack stands, fall off, roll into Dan's blazer which was in neutral, then knock his blazer into his wife's minivan. Total carnage for the whole mess was probably about $1k in about 3 seconds. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

The Best story of that not to do cam from one of my friends from High School. He was going to change his rear u-joint on his K5 one day with my help, I was running late so he started with out me. When I got to his house his truck was in the peoples yard across the street. He was trying to move the truck back in forth to get to all the bolts on the yoke, and when they all lined up he forgot to put the park break on. When all the drive shaft as free the truck ran him over. No, none if the tires hit him, but his shirt got hung up on some parts. Caused him to dislocate his back, and other stuff. I still think that is one the worst things I have heard.

11. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I tried to see how fast my truck would go in 4 Lo. After hearing it run like a diesel for a week, I decided it was time to rebuild the 350 that I turned the crank bearings on. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

By the way, a Jimmy with 33's, 3.42's, an NP241 in 4 Lo, a 700, and a 350 will go 50 MPH before it's had enough.

12. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

On one of my first engine installs (on a 77 K5);

Installled the engine, got all the top hooked up, crawled underneath only to realize I had forgotten to put in the torque converter. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sold it with the lift and good parts on it. Then bought it back after the guy took most of the good stuff off. Had to have it back though for sentimental reasons! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    On one of my first engine installs (on a 77 K5);

Installled the engine, got all the top hooked up, crawled underneath only to realize I had forgotten to put in the torque converter. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] the other nite me and Goober almost forgot the flex plate /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Out "wheeln" with my kids (4 and almost 1). Doing a easy trail (dirt road more like it), you know just wanting to be in nature. Saw a spur, wondered where it went.

1 Almost got stuck (no one with)
    2 Ran over a tree stump, damaged rocker and door (passanger side). Later I found out I lost a center cap to that stump.

It was getting late so I decided to head back to the main trail and go home. But there was this spur straight across from the one I just came off. I guess I didn't learn the first time.

Trying to back out of a tight spot I folded my dr side mirror in as there was a tree right next to it and I didn't want to break the mirror. I turned the steering wheel to the right and... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Well my wife finally stopped with the jokes about three weeks after.

But the kids slept the whole time!

16. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Used small hose clamps and a starter bolt to extend the AT shifter linkage for a body lift (but it still works).

Used duct tape and black spray paint to repair a broken fender flare (cheaper than $150 a pair).

Used rattlecan paint to spray half my vehicles (and I just keep on doing it to other ones, too)

Do everything I can to get those tacky accessories I like so much (lighted moon visors, light bars and lights, etc...) and never hook up the wiring.

Once I had an electrical short in my Suburban (fusible link got fried) and to demonstrate the electrical problem to the people with me, I rolled my drivers side windown down, then back up (Power Windows); the switch then welded itself to the "up" position and then started sparking.

17. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Was changin out my starter on a run. Didn't disconnect the battery /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. While I was re-connecting the wires my wrench slipped and hit the Tranny cooling lines /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Welded a hole right in it. So now my truck is bleeding and we are on the trail. Alittle JB weld around the line. Let it sit for about an hour to cure up and away we went. Yup! Whenyou worry about Electricity and metal, Always take 1 minute to slide off the Neg on your Battery. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Oh, Did I mention that it is still there and hasn't leaked since /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

didnt check to make sure the rebuild shop put oil in my rear end after it got rebuilt...took it home, botled it up...think i got 7 miles till the gears welded themselves together.

We were welding the frame up and forgot to disconnect the battery....whats that burning smell??? It was just the ignition module, still had a warranty on it...replaced it and it fired right up. Turned it off to put the fan shroud back on, tried to start again, and the fuel pump quit workin...that was an expensive and time consuming mistake.

19. supersize75

I also grinded down my entire gas tank while it was empty and painted it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Anyone ever run themselves over? once when i was a beginning tech long ago, i had put a new _______(?) in a chevelle and it didnt have a ebrake so i put it in gear ( im a retard (!) then i swapped the whatever and hit the "remote starter buttom", and pinned myself against a wall /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif my ribes hurt for weeks, and my pelvis, no nookie for a while, that sukked /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif