Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumbest/weirdest tickets?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jun 18, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was just reading about NC DOT GVW licensing requirements on NC4X4, and one fellow mentioned that
    Got me wondering that I bet alot of people have gotten tickets for silly or strange things.

Have you gotten one for something goofy???

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got pulled over twice in one day in my temporary gramma car DD. I thought the thing would be invisible, but nope!

However, they both lit me up after running my tags, and realizing that they were registered to a 89 Chevy half ton -- The same one who's engine I blew up last weekend, lol! I am running on the bill of sale for registration until I am able to finish my truck off next week, so no tickets for me, but man, goes to show that I cannot act like an idiot in that car, they cops do look at it, lol :D

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Unauthorized use of horn. I'm sure it's in most states' vehicle laws :D

When I was a kid, I got stopped for "headlight out of adjustment." I was then directed to put the gas 3/4 to the floor and ended up getting a fix-it ticket for defective exhaust. Got a new muffler, took it down to get signed off and this time, only put it down to about 1/2 and the cop said it was too loud still, but signed off on it.

By the way, this was a 2000cc 71 Ford Pinto and I was in the department's Explorer program at the time......................... :mad:

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

Back in my street ricer days, I got a ticket for altered exhaust. The cop told me that I had to put the stock exhaust back on my car or I would have to pay $15 fine. Went to court and the judge asked me if I replaced the exhaust. I said NO. Asked me why. I said, "well, I got a ticket for $15 and my exhaust just cost me $900 and getting the stock exhaust system would cost me a few hundred too..... I'll just pay the $15. (had other tickets too. that's why I had to go to court) I also had a ticket for altered suspention when my suspention was stock and blue lighting because of the xeon lights on it. Everything got thrown out except the exhaust ticket.

I got another ticket in highschool too. For blowing through a stop sign. Was a good ticket. I just ran it cause I thought I was cool. Cop was sitting right there. When we went to court, I told the judge that the stop sign was right next to the agriculture fence and there was too much foliage and tree branches hanging over the edge of the fence and the sign wasn't completely visable. She bought it and threw it out.

I'm still pissed about my littering ticket. I don't care about the $100 fine. What pisses me off is that I now have a class 1 misdamenor on my record. That's one step below Felony.... WTF!!!

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I wrote a guy a ticket for 888 mph in a posted 75 zone. He had a radar jammer that made my radar illuminate all the LED's (hence the 888). It was a $400.00 ticket that the judge dismissed. I thought it was worth a good laugh though.

P.S. The ticket was dismissed and DID NOT go on the drivers record.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

lol :haha: :haha:

thats great

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Here, you can get a ticket for holding on your horn more than two seconds. Most states have laws for that. Also, you get one for cutting through parking lots for avoiding intersection signals...I like that one though. Damn people that can't wait their turn....

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

:haha: :haha: :haha:

In the last two months, I've written 97/65 and 101/65.

The first guy, it was almost 5 in the morning out on the 4 lane stretch. I had to go about 1/2 mile before I could even turn around, then it took me almost 3 miles to catch sight of him again, and 4 miles to stop him. If he had kept his foot on the gas, I would probably never seen him again. :D

The 101/65 is the funniest. It was about 1 in the morning and I'm moseying home out on the four lane. I'm behind this guy, just kind of following him looking for a DUI. We're probably running about 70-75 and all of sudden he punches it. I'm sitting there behind him thinking he saw me and he wants to play a little game of chase so I hit the gas and radar him using same lane on my unit. He ran up so fast that 101 is what I locked, but he hit 104 before he let off the gas. So I hit the lights expecting him to rabbit on me, he pulls over and stops. I make my way up to the driver's door and I'm smiling.

"So what were you thinking with that stunt?"

Driver replies, "I thought you were one of my friends messing with me."

He also got wrote for expired tags.

:D

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Holy crap! What did you litter? Nuclear waste dipped in raw sewage?

10. google

google 1/2 ton status

Close, it was my ciggerette (SP) butt. I agree I deserved the fine being that i'm in AZ and I should know better, but a class 1 misdaminor... give me a break.... that's just stupid. I almost lost my job over it. They actualy had to make an exception for me because of how dumb it was.

11. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A couple of months ago I was on my way to work and taking a right at the bottom of a large hill when my truck killed. I of course lost power steering and brakes and was in mid turn so there wasn't time to just refire it. I go to work at 4 a.m. (there's nobody on the streets) so I decided to just coast onto the opposite side of the street instead of wrestle with the truck. I threw it in neutral, fired it up, got back into my lane. I got a warning for an illegal lane change or something. I'm pretty sure the officer thought I was drunk when he pulled me over and was expecting to have to run up a DUI, but he didn't buy my reasoning behind the episode even though I was perfectly coherent. Eh well, it was kinda dumb but he was doing his job. Most of the city cops around here are good guys as are the state troopers...the local sheriff is the one that gives leo's a bad image in this area.

12. Terry633

Terry633 Registered Member

Sounds like people are tha same all over. I had a lady following me on a two lane at 65 for about three miles. All of a sudden she floors it and passes my marked unit and his right at 100 before I pulled her over. I asked why she would pull a stunt like that. She had no excuse. Also had a two year old asleep in the back.

Terry

13. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Cool. Another Colorado LEO. Three that I know of now, and that is even counting the Trooper (just kidding Jimmy).

BS tickets? Yep, several. Given and received!! :D

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Another CO cop......................And you're sort of close to me :D

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Hey, any of you Colorado LEO's want to PM me and tell me about some spots in Denver that may or may not be safe to stay in? I'm going to a family reunion in July in Co. We plan on doing about a week total, with some extra days for seeing the sites. The reunion is at a place called Beaver Ranch (I know, no oil comments....) south of Denver. We will stay in a hotel on the south end of Denver and drive out to the ranch. We also plan on going to Six Flags and any other sites that are recommended.

16. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Looking for a place south of Denver? How about New Mexico. :D ;)

Just kidding, PM sent.

17. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I got a ticket once on my way to work in the city I live in and I was going 11 over or so and I got a ticket. I was complaining about it when I got to work and one of my co-workers got pulled over by the same cop 5 minutes before i did but got out of the ticket. The cop said he was going 1, I kid you not, 1 mph slower than I was.

I was in high school so I had to tell my parents, and I told them about my friend so as to make myself look better. Well my dad happened to be mayor of the city at the time and really good friends with the police chief (the cheif took me to a laker game once right at center court about 9 rows from the floor). My dad explained that I was picked on so the cheif put the word out to not give me a ticket next time I got pulled over (I was totally unaware of all of this till after the next time i got pulled over).

Another late night I had to drive a friend back to his house and I was not very happy about it. On the way home a cop pulled me over for doing 75 in a 35. As soon as I saw the lights going I slammed on my brakes cause I was so pissed. By the time he walked up to my window my brakes were smoking something fierce. He made me get out of the car and pop the hood and check out my brakes and all to make sure they weren't on fire. He wanted to give me a ticket soooooooo bad, but he knew he couldn't. It was so funny to watch him squirm and wrestle around with the notion that I was untouchable, he was really pissed. My dad shed some light on the situation afterwards and at that point it was open season on me.

All the cops really liked my dad, and we both have the same name so they always put 2 and 2 together. I never dropped names or asked for special treatment, but I would get off for EVERYTHING. "wait, are you..." yup, "so your dad is-" yup, "Have a great day," thank you officer, I appreciate it. Passengers would ask what just happened, and I would just smile... then I moved :mad: .

Been pulled over for rolling stops, rolling stops followed by cutting a cop off, speeding, dragging my muffler on the ground, not having a muffler, brake lights not working, headlights being out, driving on curbs, etc. I only have 1 ticket in my city as mentioned above, but I have a few in other states as well.

I always write the longests posts, it is soooo annoying

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I got a "No Muffler" ticket once because the officer wouldn't look under the car. I told them it had header mufflers, and the car was registered in Iowa where there are leagle, but the Omaha cop was in a bad mood and just wrote the ticket. No big deal, they dissmissed the ticket because the car was registered in Iowa.

19. Terry633

Terry633 Registered Member

This site is way cool. I know some ex El Paso County Deputies.

20. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Welcome brother...lots of coppers here...

cam
    LASO...sergeant... happily retired and listening to the war stories of bubba ray