Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DuneDude....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Oct 11, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did ya sleep any better last night knowing that we got your engine down to the shortblock? .... and that it wasn't anything catastrophic! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

What i saw:
    There was a bunch of water in the #7 cylinder. Looked at the head gasket and it looked like it was leaking beteween one of the rear most water passages into the cylinder. the metal ring around the cylinder on the head gasket was busted right were that water jacket hole was located.
    The heads and pistons looked alright....
    That #7 cylinder had a very slight groove around (not up and down groove) right about where the top piston ring stops at TDC... Can't tell if its alright or not... I'm no machinist.
    Maybe scott can come over and mic it out for ya and let you know just how deep that groove is and if it's alright or not.
    Forgot to try to spin the engine over and see how freely it spins with the heads off. It was like 12:30 and i was a little tired. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Ken try to spin the motor now by hand or with a wrench. It should be easy with no heads on. I'll be willing to bet that it was just hydrolocked judging by how #7 was almost full of water.
    It looks easy to pull the oil pan off, to check and make sure that the bottom end is all cool and that the rod isn't bent or anything. Since you said you heard a knocking or something... hopefully it was just that cylinder misfiring and battling water coming in.
    I got over there about 9-12 pm and Ken ran outta beer after the first one! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Talk about determind...11:30
    ME: "Ryan...ya want to quit?"
    Ryan: "dude I want to get this other side off"
    Me: "all right. What ya need"
    Ryan: "Howz bout another Beer?"
    Me: "aaaa dude I had 2 with dinner and we just killed the last 2"
    Ryan: "Damn I come all this way and your out of beer"
    Me: *pounding my head* I know I forgot something...
    ------------------------
    I slept like a baby. DIdn't get to bed till 1:30 Cleaning up.
    I'm going to give Scott a haller this morning. And BS with him.

I'll let yall know what happend. RYAN B. THANK YOU. for all the help lastnight. More Beer next time. This time it will be CANS. not Glass got to worrie about those breaking.

Later KEN

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

OMG "Ran out of Beer" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifhello Looser!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    Glad to hear you had help!!
    From the Daddy!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. DuneRunner

Yo...Yo...Peanut Galary...keep it down. over there. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Ryan B.

Yeah really. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Next trail run you can hold him down while i stomp him for not stocking up on beer before i come over.

My favorite was breaking all the headbolts loose with a little wratchet and then Ken's like "dude you want me to get you a breaker bar?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL!

PISMO!PISMO!PISMO!PISMO!PISMO!PISMO!PISMO!PISMO!PISMO!

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Pardon me Ryan but aren't you the one who told me you're going to be turning "20" this Sunday?

Your beer drinking is about 367 days pre-mature!!!

-Your Dad (or is that "conscience"?) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

You guys should have called me... I always have beer!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. Ryan B.

LOL! Shuttup Greg!
    When working hard wrenching on engines and such, it is always necessary to take a break and step back from things and get a "clear head". When your sweating out more beer than you can drink, you need something to rejuvinate you. Forget powerade, Coors light gives ken and i the energy and electrolytes we need to keep going strong and keep us growing boys healthy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.. I was asking where you were. And then i was like... oh yeah, we don't want any broken bolts. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. DuneRunner

WHAT??? Going to be 20? I thought................. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Sure..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!!!

Glad to hear that there is an "understanding" of how to work on K5's and that fellow K5'ers are following it.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif