Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dunlop Mud Rovers anyone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Mar 19, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Anyone have the dunlop mud rovers?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I know a few folks that have run them. Not too bad of a tire. Down side is the side walls are pretty thin. If your not on rocky trails they should be fine. The do run unusualy short. My 32 inch BFG's are about as tall as the Dunlop 33's. I have seen several people bolt 33 inch rovers on bone stock un cut trucks. You cant do that with a BFG.

3. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

yeah i had remington mud brutes which are made by Dunlop and think the same tire, and ive got 32 inch BFG's on the rear and the remingtons in the fron and you can tell a difference.....

4. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

Yeah i had them before i cut the fenders for 35 inch Mud Kings. I liked the tire they did well in the mud. I had 33x12.50x15 they were on my bone stock 86 blazer no rubing until i took my front sway bar off then they rubbed and full flex. The only thing i didnt like about them is i felt they wore down fast but my 35s are wearing down at the same speed so i guess its a mud tire thing.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Had em ......... wore real well and were nice and quiet on the road ....................I'd recommend them.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I had a set of 33s. Poped two of them on trail rides. Both were sidewall punctures. They do last a long time and I'm glad I poped one the last time cuz now I run 35SSRs/forums/images/icons/smile.gif!
    Very good tire for on road and mild wheelin. BFG Mud has a bit tuffer of a sidewall though...