Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DUNLOP MUD ROVERS??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dustyk5, Apr 22, 2004.

1. dustyk5

dustyk5 Registered Member

Anybody have any miles on a set of Dunlop radial mud rovers.good or bad.offroad,onroad,noise??I am thinking of getting a set of 35's so any input is appreciated before I drop five or six hundred bucks.

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

I'm running them now. They are wide and work very well offroad. They are noisey on the rode though, but ride similar to other tires.
    Blake

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Good tire...friend of mine had 'em. Pretty loud on the road, great offroad, decent wear (they're a pretty soft tire which means good grip offroad, but wear faster than some others). Check into Mud Kings. If I had to choose from the less expensive mud tires, it would definitely be Mud Kings and then Dunlops.

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I like my Dunlops. I think the sound they make is cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I had dunlop mud rovers. I had more flats with them than any other tire I've ever owned! Two were flats on the tread itself and 3 were in sidewall. This was prior to getting into rockcrawling. Most of these flats were caused from roots and ruts. The worst tire I've ever owned. MTRs are the ticket and they are comparably priced. I love dunlop tires for my dirtbikes but I wont ever recommend Mud ROvers to anyone but a Jeeper /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

yea if you plan on going offroad id plan on getting an other tire they have paper thin sidewalls

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im running 33x12.50x15 mud rovers, and lovem! i gottem on tirerack at 88 bucks a pop, and havnt found a better price. like the others said they are a little loud on the road, and u can feel the lugs pretty good when u slow down, but i love that! and they do super in the mud and offroad!! pretty good in snow, though they tend to float over the snow more than dig in, and they can hydro plane fairly easy becuase there is no siping, which u have to be carefull of, which is common for a mud tire but over all i think there a very good tire for the money! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

well i originally ordered reguls but they messed up twice on delivery , so the guy was nice enough to offer me a set
    of mud rovers for the same price. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    i have about 2000 miles on them so far and i am happy.
    like everyone said , you can hear them going down the highway. i will be offroad testing them in a few weeks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have heard that Dunlops measure kinda short too. 35's only measure about 33. I can't really talk crap though since my MTR's are the same way. My 35's with the weight of my truck, gear, gas, etc only measure 33.5-34"

They are a kick arse tire though. They are more expensive but they are great tires. I have to agree with Juan on that. Alot of guys in AZ run them and love them. They do pretty well in most all situations.

Harley