Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dunlop Mud Rovers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Are they any good? I was at Sam's Club today and they had 35x12.5x15's for $116 each. Has anyone used them and if so what are your opinions? Are they sidewalls pretty strong? Thanks

Harley

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I had a set of 33's on a 77 K5, and I was pretty impressed with them (especially for the price). They cleaned fairly well, were great on ice and snow, quiet, and wore very well. I would say they are probably a step down from the BFG Mud-Terrain in all areas (off-road, wear, and highway manners), but comparable nonetheless. No experience with the sidewalls on rocks or trees, I ran them strictly in the mud and on the road. Good tires, IMHO! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have owned 2 sets of them in a 35x12.50... the only complaint that I had about them was that they are short for a 35" tire. Their 35 is about like everyone elses 33, but they are a touch wider than most of your 12.50's that you would buy.
    I got good mileage out of them and never had any flats.

4. Hossbaby50

Damn. I that is another thing I wanted to know. I have a set of 33" BFG muds, but I want to get more altitude. I have a 14bff in the back and needs all the clearence possible. I have already shaved it for maximum clearence.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Dunlops web site lists the actual height of their 35x12.50x15 as 34 inches. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

I put 3 sets of radial mud rovers on my toy before they became too short for my truck. I wish they had 38s.

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I have a friend that runs them on his scrambler - he's happy with them but there's a lot of road noise in an open top j**p.
    Also, I read a review not too long ago on-line about the Dunlop Mud Rovers. The review said that they were a good tire, yet would constantly get out-of-round/need balancing. To the point where they had to have the tires rebalanced every two months. Anyone else have problems with this?
    Another GREAT(from what I hear), low-price option is the Mud Kings. Check them out.

HERE'S THE REVIEW I WAS TALKING ABOUT

8. Hossbaby50

I have checked out the Mud Kings, but they have some sidewall strength issue from what I here. I will run alot of rock in AZ when I am home there, so sidewalls are a definite concern. Basically I am looking for strong sidewall, true 35", decent tread pattern, and good price. I may end up running my 33's and just say to hell with it until I can get the 37" MTR's.

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I ran a set of 33s and managed to pop 2 of them due to sidewall damange. they were like iron and were quite. The one side wall pop was a freakin stick. I was aired down a bit but to this day I can't explain how the hell that lil stick got shoved into the sidewall??? For the price I was very happy with them.

10. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy who swears by his General Grabber MTs($139@ NatTire$Wheel). They are reasonably priced and wear like iron. Just a thought /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got on General's website and looked at the Grabbber MT's and they measure 34.8" for a 35x12.5x15. Just some info about them.

12. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

hey Harly, thanks again for all your help, My friend is running these and he loves them! worth the dough if you want a tire with tread life. also heres some pics for ya..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You don't realize how much your info helped, along with the help with the part #'s I am only 18 and did this all on my own, to be honest now I feel a little bit smarter, this was an easy time consuming swap but it was worth it! This is why I am a member because of of people like you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Hossbaby50

Glad to see you got the swap done. It really isn't very hard and is pretty straight forward, but it takes awhile. I had some help from a buddy, but he had never done it either so we were in the same boat. I did this swap this summer. i am only 19 and had never went any farther then taking my hubs out. Alot of people here helped me out the way I helped you. That is what made the swap fairly easy was all the knowlegde that was shared with me. Thanks for the info on those tires. Again, congrats on getting the swap done.

Harley

14. Hossbaby50

Thanks for the info. I have actually checked out General's, and I have had people tell me that they have to be balanced quite often. I am still looking at them, but I think I am going to run my 33's until I have the $ for the 35" BFG MT's, or possilby 35-37" MTR's.