Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dunlop Mud Rovers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blaz90in, Mar 10, 2003.

1. blaz90in

blaz90in Registered Member

Has anyone ever used the Mud Rovers (35x12.50x15)I can get these for pretty cheap(100 bucks a tire)my bfg muds are about bald and i need to replace them. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Thanks a ton,
    ERic

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have run them. They are shorter than most 35's, but wear good on the highway. I would buy them again for a rig that saw alot of highway use.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have heard they are a pretty decent tire, except for the fact they don't measure the true 35" or fairly close. I heard they are actually around 34" or so. I was looking into running them, but I need the full height. Other then that I would have bought them.

4. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I had some 35-12.50's, they seemed to be a pretty good tire, but I only use my truck off-road and they didn't have an aggressive enough tread pattern for me. What will your truck be used for mainly ?

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I read an article in one of the four wheel mags awhile back saying the Dunlop mud rovers were terrible in the mud.

I ran them once on one of my rigs. I was not too impressed with their mileage/wear, plus I seemed to always get flats with them. They were also louder than my BFG's. The sidewalls also seemed a little weak.

They performed well in the mud for me, but they had their problems.

My .02,
    John

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

i have them and i think they are ok, but i did get then stuck in the mud BAD!!

7. blaz90in

Ok, thanks alot guys for the input.Wakeboardkid,how do you like the mud kings?Thats mainly what ill be useing them for is mud...do they wear good,loud,true measurements?
    Thanks,
    ERic /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

The mud kings i had lasted for a LONG TIME. i had the truck for about 20K (80K to about 102K) before i sold them and got these. The tread on the Kings are HARD! So the do not mold on the rocks. I did not try them in Mud but i do think they would work good.
    If i would not have found a good deal on these 35s that i have, i was thinking about getting the 35 Mud Kings.
    Last i did know a guy with a Heep that put 65K on a set if Mud Kings (33s) and did most City driving. They are a good CHEEP tire.

9. OffRoadOhio

OffRoadOhio Registered Member

I have 31 inch mud rovers on my 2wd 79 ford truck, and are going to put them over onto my luvette soon. Good tires, little road noise, ware good. have you thought of super swamper ltb's? Dont know much bout them sept they are purty cheap

10. blaz90in

Ill prolly chose between the km's,dunlops,mt/r's,mud kings...35x12.50 would be mounted on 15x10 black rockcrawlers...But i dont know yet...seen a package deal for $733(bfg km's 35x12.50-15x10 black rockcrawlers)might be what im after.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifEric