Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dunlop radial mud rover

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvymudin3388, Jul 9, 2006.

1. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

i know i got another post going but i now need to learn about the dunlop radial mud rover. thanks

2. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

You should check out tirerack.com. It shows user ratings and reviews for a lot of different tires, including the Mud Rover.

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I think they are a loud tire for what they are, drove to new mexico ina truck with them, they are more annoying then swampers somehow, or maybe my motor just drowns the sound??

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Well I only have ONE on my truck right now due to budget issues and needing to replace a tire. I notice no noise from that tire and it rides just as smooth as it did with my bald MT's. But.. it is only one tire.

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I ran some years ago in a 30x9.50 size. Good ride, but not what I expected in traction.

6. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I bought a set of 35x12.50's last summer. I love them. Cheaper than swampers of the same size. Mine are quiet, way quieter than my buddies Q78 swampers. Not as quiet as a all terrain, but I can only hear mine with the windows down. As far as how they work, mine got me through the same deep snow drifts with open axles that my buddies truck got through with his swampers and being locked up. What little I've tried in mud worked well, but I don't go looking for mud. They clean out easy with a blip of the throttle.

Plus since they are radials they ride nice and balance out with minimal wieght. I got mine at sam's club for $125 a tire. If you are on a budget and need a solid tire they are a good choice.

7. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

My burb had 33s on it when I bought my burb. Seem to be wearing good and to me they don't seem real loud. Compared to bias ply swampers or ground hawgs I had on my trucks.

8. K30Blazer

K30Blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have had two sets 33 and 35 and have been happy with both.

9. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

my opinion:
    These tires were the worst tires I've ever owned. They sucked in mud. I had over 3 flats from regular forest wheeling (not even rock crawling) and daily driving. You are better off getting a bfg all terrain or pathfinder than wasting any hard earned dough on these rubber pieces of dog poop.:eek1:
    but that's just my opinion

10. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

friend has them on his frontier, they loud, but gave him good grip in mud

11. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

what is the cost differance between these andthe bfg

I do remember the genneral mud tire or maybe the dunlop one in a 35 for just for under 130 a few years back at sams club though, I believe they are more pricy now

12. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

$25-30 a tire.

13. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

At my sams club the price on the Mud Rovers has gone up for a 35 to 142, but a bfg mudder is going for 180. The bfg all terrain is 153.73.

THe gap in price with the BFG All Terrain is less than it was, but if you still wanted a mud tire you are going to pay $40 a tire more. For some of us poor working stiffs, that's the difference between buying 3 tires or buying 4. Since my truck needs 4 tires, I bought the dunlops. I've been pleasantly surprised and don't have any regrets or complaints.

But I'm just one guy that's had them on mine for a year now. what's my opinion worth.....