Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dunlop Tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kick, Oct 5, 2004.

1. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any experience with Dunlop tires ? ? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

I know a guy that has ran the dunlop mud rovers...they did farely well...they just didnt have large enough voids between the tires and packed with mud easily....much like procomps do...other then that my impression where they where farely descent tires...and they are a good price

3. bandit1

bandit1 Registered Member

i had a set of dunlop mud rovers i liked em alot. got stuck once but that was driver error(i was in 2hi) but overall theyre affordable and durable. i will buy them again...someday when i have money /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have used the Mud Rovers several times and really liked them.

5. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

I have been running 33's radial rover for about 20,000 miles. I like them. Not real aggressive, but I do most of my aggressive riding with my dirt bike. Good in the the rain and general off road. Nut much rain in Arizona.

6. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I have never had more flats than with Dunlop Mud Rovers. THe biggest POS tire evere made... in my opinion. I loved Dunlops on my Dirtbikes but I hated them on my blzer. But perhaps I just had a crappy set?

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I've had three set's. 1 on my old K5, and 2 sets on my 97 DD, all 33" mud rovers. For a tire that performs very well on the road, they are very good in the mud. I saw the post about them loading up... never have seen it on mine, but I have a vortec 350 to sling it off, so maybe that's the difference. I have never had a flat on my rovers either, not on any of the 3 sets. The first 2 sets saw a lot of west Texas trails, and even the rocks in west texas have thorns ( /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ). My land was full of mesquite, and no flats. I got a lot of mileage out of the sets as well. They are not the tire I would go with on a trail only rig... simply because I would be willing to sacrifice road manners for trail performance, but on a DD they are great. And, with the price, I say you won't be unhappy if you choose them. They are probably the second best mud tire I have owned (in terms of a DD tire), the best was the ol' Yokahama mud diggers (not super diggers) which are not made anymore.

8. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i have a set of 32x11.50x15 , on my s15 4x4. i have had
    them for about about a year . they work great for me. havent had a problem yet, great highway use and trail use. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I have Dunlop RV Radial Rovers 33x12.50x15's I've had them since 2000 and put about 40K on em. They have held up pretty good no flats. Even pulled a few screws outta them. Great tires in the rain on pavement. One problem tho they are seperating between the tread sections on all four tires inner side only. I keep them inflated properly. Got to got to tire place where I got them and see what they will do for me got another 20K on the tread life. minimum. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. bandit1

bandit1 Registered Member

i agree ive got a place near san antonio filled with mesquites that i push down with my blazer and never had a problem with flats. my rubber tire bulldozer gets the flats thats why i use the ol blaze /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif