Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Duraback bedliner Interior question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by opfor2, Sep 7, 2005.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Hi all,

I’m going to remove my old carpet and install a “Duraback” bed liner (http://www.nonslipcoating.com/) in place of the carpet. My question is my stereo’s amp in installed under the passenger seat and I was wondering how I’m going to route the wires? What have some of you done with electronics installed under your seats and no carpet to hide them under? I was thinking of maybe using some sort of conduit or something. Any pictures or ideas would be helpful.

Dan..

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I had mine running behind the drivers kickpanel and under the sill on the floor, I then had to cut a notch where I wanted the wires to some out. You can only see about 8" of wire and that is from the sill to the amp. I could get a pic if you want.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You're supposed to hide the wires?

Huh.

4. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

i wrapped wires into one ran about a foot threw drilled hole into console where amp resides. speaker wires out either side to waterproof 6x9s under the driver and passenger seats the wires out the back to the water proofed subs. will be adding lock to console and speakers come out in 10 seconds for hosing out interior. i have no top due to unfortunate excessive excitment with sawzall and needed cheap water proof=lots of duct tape. works great! :D

5. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I ran all my wires through the A-pillars, roof, and B-pillars. It's a major pain in the ass but they're out of harm's way (I hope).