Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Durabak Bedliner-I can get it cheap!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Mar 23, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I am thinking about becoming a Durabak Dealer. I would be interested in knowing how many people want to have their Blazers interior/exterior Coated with Durabak. To get started, I would be willing to make some good deals. I can't do it for free, but I can sell it cheaper than a spray-on liner would cost - A lot cheaper! I can get colors as well as Black. Lets see whos interested! The list price on the products is $99 for Black, and $129 for Colors. I can beat those prices. Let me know what you think and I will negotiate becoming a dealer to save us Money. Thanks, This advertisement is not sponsored by ColoradoK5 but maybe I can make Steve a deal too. [​IMG]

<font color=red>Update 3-27-00</font color=red> I am having the dealer packet sent to me. I will review it and check on the process of getting started. If for some reason I do not become a dealer, I will check on group pricing for "Brothers of the K5". [​IMG]

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

2. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

don't you have to have reocurring monthly quota's to become a dealer/reseller?

Was thinking of doing that with Performance Accessories products but the monthly quotas scared me away.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you decide to do it let us know. I need to fix the mess Rhino Linings made. Jim.

BigJBear '80 GMC

4. TexasK5er

TexasK5er Registered Member

Let us know, i would be definately be interested!!!!

Nail It!!!!

5. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Is that for a gal.? How does it compare to Dupli Color? I've used Dupli Color and it's $49.95 a gal. Has anyone here used both?

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I've used Durabak in the whole interior of my truck. I wouldn't say it is invincible, but definately a good product. I'm gonna use Herculiner this summer on my top and then compare the two. I'll write a story on here when I get done.
    Boss
    ps, Oh yeah, I bought it for like $82 a gallon-Black

7. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Neil I am interested. I was gonna do my interior with Herculiner in the next couple weeks but if you can get me a deal lets talk.. You know my email

Zack

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear! GOT HER STARTED MARCH 20TH!!!!

8. WELLH2O

WELLH2O Registered Member

I will be willing to buy some if you can get a good deal on it. Is this the stuff that glows in the dark?

9. cocky

cocky Registered Member

I'm interested. depends on price. Does this stuff roll on or spray?

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

10. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Hey I'd interested in three different colors, Bronze color/ white/black, White Knight

11. Wraparound

Wraparound Registered Member

Would this stuff be good to coat the exterior of my 72's top?

12. mico85K5

mico85K5 Registered Member

How do you prep your truck if your going to put it on the whole exterior? Do you sand it down and prime or only sand it down or neither?

Interested in Black-Want to do the Whole truck (Except the topper)

Mick

Driving your blazer=FUN!

13. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Count me in, I want to build a tank and start dipping K5's only....[​IMG]

Seriously I would like more info on these types of coatings to stop rust and provide a viable defense to nicks, butt heads in parking lots etc...

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

14. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Count me in! Does anyone know how easy this stuff is to spray?

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

15. Mudzer

Yep check http://truckworld.com/cote-l/ for more pics. I am seriously thinking about ordering some product and becoming a dealer. I am not in this to make money at first. I just want to get some for my self and Brothers of the K5 at cost, to get the business started. I need to check all the details, then I will start taking orders. I can have it drop shipped directly to your door. Thanks alot

1978/91 K5 Blazer

16. Mudzer

You most definately would have to sand and prep for the Durabak. The product can be thinned with Xylene, which is available in retail paint stores. It is usually rolled on or brushed on. This usually gives you a uniform pattern. It will have texture so look at this link and check out some pics. http://truckworld.com/cote-l/ There are color charts and other info.

1978/91 K5 Blazer

17. Mudzer

As far as I know, they do not offer any glow in the dark product. Check this url for color samples http://truckworld.com/cote-l/

1978/91 K5 Blazer

18. Mudzer

I am not sure if It can be sprayed through a conventional paint gun. You would need a special nozzle. I will try to answer these questions soon. They usually install it with a roller and brush. This gives it more texture. The paint option would be great if it works.

1978/91 K5 Blazer

19. Mudzer

Latest info

Hey guys,

Thanks for the interest in Durabak. I am seriously thinking of becoming a dealer. I wanted to see what the market was like by posting this message. The reason I want to get involved; I have a Blazer in bad need of some Durabak bed liner. I want to be able to get the product at a discount price, plus offer it to the people I know at the same price.

As long as it is dooable, I would like to offer the first group of orders at dealer cost. Email me if you are interested in purchasing the Durabak. Thanks again and view this website for picures and info. http://truckworld.com/cote-l/
    Keep in mind, I am still in the negotiating phase. As soon as I have the product available, I will take orders.
    neilmarietta@toast.net

1978/91 K5 Blazer

20. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Latest info

I would love to do my entire truck. I saw the pictures of the vehicles on that page and they look pretty sweet. My only concern is about clean-up. Considering the granules of rubber that are in it, mud will stick like crazy. How easy is it to clean. I imagine I'd have to use a brush rather than a towel to wash it. I'd still get at least a gallon for other purposes.
    Make us a deal we can't refuse.

Esteban
    SEMPER FIDELIS TO MY BLAZER