Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Durabak samples came in ad it looks sweet

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 17, 2001.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

This stuff is great. It has a nice shine to it and it is thin. I am going with the factory 2 tone silver and blue my blazer came in. This stuff is $129 a gallon and it comes in many colors. I did the Line-X challenge and rubbed the two together thinking the Durabak would flake and it stood up to the best they had. Ill have pics soon...
    Brent

2. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

Hey,
    Let me know how it turns out. I have 2 gallons. I'm just waiting for my vacation to put it on. I'm going to start with the inside, then do the under body and go from there.

Todd Miller
    Lake Tahoe, CA

love my blazer, and 43 Dodge Carryall
    IF IT'S SNOWING AND IT'S DEEP. I'LL BE OUT IN IT!!!!!!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Isn't it like jerkualiner I put herc on my bed rails and my tailgate and it works good for my application,anyway will be looking forward to the pics[​IMG]

[​IMG]<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

This stuff is way thin, like 1/20th of an inch. It will not hide my botched bodywork too good so I will have to do some better bondo work before I paint it. It seems to have a lot more gloss to it than herculiner
    Brent

5. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

are you going to use an air sprayer or what? i am interested in how you do. let me know if you would. i am moving to the tahoe area in july. if you dont mind sending me your email so i can contact you in a couple months to see how it went that would be cool. thanks.
    zachy_man@hotmail.com