Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

duramax + hd 8 lug wheels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rumbly truck, Nov 24, 2005.

1. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know, if the new style 8 lug aluminum wheels off of the duramaxs and hds will fit, a 85 gmc? Any idea on lug nut size? If metric, is there a standard size lug nut to adapt the center caps ? There alot in my area, available as take offs, cheaper than i can buy tires. Thanks

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

those rims should work, its only ford who changed to metric lug pattern. not sure on lug nuts, but sfa trucks have 9/16, i think the newer truck would have the same.

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

They fit on no problem. I've got a pair of 05 steel wheels on my truck. Watch your backspacing though, they tuck in a fair bit more than the old steel wheels did, making a truck with skinnier tires look like it is on stilts.

You can buy conversion lug nuts that have the imperial stud thread, and metric thread on the top for the hub covers. Or, you can do like me, and just paint your hubs nice and black, and just install the wheels without the caps using your stock lug nuts, and show off your 3/4 ton / 1 ton hubs proudly :D

4. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

here's a pic of them on a 2wd

silver C20.jpg

5. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Is that your truck?

I'm pretty that is the truck that has the 95+ dash in it, tahoe headliner console, and the mirror with the compass and temp gauge in it

Very cool truck! I was very seriously considering a 95+ dash for my 3/4 ton, but decided it was too much work

6. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

nope, not my truck, I think I got it off of 67-72chevytrucks.com :confused:

I like it :D

7. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. I just got my new hi-tec green diamond retreads yesterday.Maybe I'l see if somebody needs some shopping money for Christmas. Theres two sets local for 100-200. It's going to be my snow season set for the dd. Thanks again guys for the info.