Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

duramax k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k54me, Nov 5, 2005.

1. k54me

k54me Registered Member

i tried a search and couldnt find what i wanted. Ive seen alot of people talking about swaping a cummins diesel into a k5 but what about a duramax/alison swap, im sure there must be some one whos done it already. i know it wont be easy/cheap but i just want to see whats invloved.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Search through the diesel forum, there was some talk about installing a Dmax in a K5 a while back. Search for "K5monsterchev" he was the one that wanted to do it and IIRC the thread had some pretty good info.

3. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

HiJack. We went to another auction and bought a 96 Hostess Ford Truck and Box. It has a power stroke diesel in it. Was gonna look into stuffing it under the K5's bonnet but the turn around is much better. Truck bought for $500 Canadian. 6 new tires and other new parts, battery, alt.... My father just got offered $3500 for it. Better turn around then we using it. Just thought I would throw that in. HiJacl off.