Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Duration or Lift......and any experience with the crane "fast bleed" lifter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Feb 24, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

Duration or Lift......and any experience with the crane \"fast bleed\" lifter

Ordering my cam for the new beast tomorrow and I once heard a saying on here that duration equals torque and lift equals h.p. ...........or vise versa so which is it and also how about some opinions on the fast bleed lifters by Crane? I've used the RHOADS lifters before and they worked good but I really didn't like the noise they make at an idle so I'm wondering how much quieter these new fast bleeds are?? As usual allinfo appreciated

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: Duration or Lift......and any experience with the crane \"fast bleed\" lifter

What year blazer are you going to install the cam into? Duration does make torque and lift will help HP. If this is going into a later computer controlled blazer you need to watch out for how much duration and lobe separation you choose. If the specs are too much the computer will get all confused and you won't be happy with the results. As far as your lifters are concerned, I would stick with factory lifters and no anti pump up style, they are very noisy.

1989 blazer, 383 stroker, D44 / 14FF, 4.56, locked, 35 BFG mud
    Scott

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Duration or Lift......and any experience with the crane \"fast bleed\" lifter

I used the Crane fast bleed lifters in my last 68 Camaro build on a 327ci. They were not "noisy" but just stlightly louder than stock. They definately smoothed out the idle and lent to a better vacuum.

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/borregok5> Pictures</a>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Generally:

More Duration = High RPM HP
    More lift with less duration = Low RPM Torque

Other factors play into it too though. Don't just pick a cam based on those two factors. If you have fuel injection and a MAP sensor, your cam better have a wide LSA.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

Re: Duration or Lift......and any experience with the crane

The reason I ask is that comp makes a cam that's 218 degrees of duration at .050" (intake and exhaust) and 488 lift which in comparison with the extreme 4x4 cams is better......what do you think, and also has any body considered having a custom ground cam??