Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Durnago and dakota towing.

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by 55Willy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Either of em would have a 4.7 v8 and auto tranny. or should I just keep saving for the dream ride (diesel i test drove)

is the durnago/dakota platform rated for good towing. the sites all claim 6K max. which is the willy's on a trailer and no spare parts or tools or anything in it,LOL

hhmmmm just tell me diesel so I can get these "little" trucks out of my mind,LMAO

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

They seem ok for towing small loads, but my brother has said that he wouldn't ever tow with his Durango again, after pulling their Neon on a full trailer from Philly to Pitt.
    I guess it just wasn't that great in the hills and all according to him.

Personally they just seem way to small to be doing any serious hauling with.

I towed with my Dakota a couple times, and really felt it was underpowered and just didn't have the control over the trailer that it should have.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

my dad has the 5.9 (360) with the towing package, but he dosent like to tow with it for some reason, its only our boat wich is a 20' bayliner, not to heavy but he dosent like how it handles with the boat, our blazer tows it better /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you want to tow something, get a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. Power doesn't matter to me personally, but controlling the load does.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya u really need a 1 ton to tow a boat /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif ill get to work on fabbing up a goose neck for the Bayliner an go out and get a 1-ton so i can water-ski /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I've seen people tow rediculous loads with the old body style durango. Like a triple axle enclosed trailer.

I've seen it, looked scary, but.. they were cruising on flat land at like 75. I just stayed at 60 for best fuel economy.