Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dust boots......help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by morcav, Dec 7, 2006.

1. morcav

morcav Registered Member

when I disconected my drag link to put on my new steering arm, the boot ripped, does any one have any part #'s or manufactures for these because I don't think it is the best thing for me to be driving it this way, any help is greatly appreciated

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am missing a couple dust boots that tore also. I have not replaced them since I am lazy & I have had no observed ill affects from it yet. My truck doesn't DD much anymore though but it did for a long time without them. Its it critical to have them no, is it good to have them yes.

Harley

3. morcav

morcav Registered Member

thanks hoss, they've been that way for about 2 weeks now and I want to get them fixed soon without having to get a new drag link end, any one have part #'s?

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Here's a list off NAPA Auto Parts website. I just did a generic search for a 1990 Blazer 1/2 ton 4x4 since you did not post your vehicle description. You'll need to measure the dimensions against your drag link boot.

Other than that I can only suggest to ask someone here to send you a used one. Airmail would only be a few dollars.

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpag...+&+Grease+Boot+-+Steering+Component&VehCode=N

5. morcav

morcav Registered Member

thanks alot