Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dust To Glory

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BAJA_BLAZER, Apr 12, 2005.

1. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

I saw the movie Dust To Glory in the theater Saturday night and really enjoyed it. Of course I’m a Desert Racer and have raced the Baja 1000 a dozen times (winning twice) so I have some bias. I was wondering who on CK5 has seen it, and what they thought. It should be playing in theaters on a limited release for the next few weeks. If you haven’t seen it, try to. I think all off-roaders would really like it. :cool1:

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i plan to see it asap. glad to hear a good revue :D

3. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

saw it saturday too...very good movie. :D would love to race it someday too, but probably never have the money too... waiting to see if it makes it to dvd sometime soon...

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i saw an interview of the guy who made it. they said the dvd should have a ton of bonus footage, since they had to reduce it to 90min.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Im hoping it gets to the theaters around here, I want to see it badly, the camera work looked awesome, for the ads

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

When is it coming out on DVD? The closest theater that is playing it is 400 miles away :xmas:

7. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I want to see it badly but the closest theater showing it here is in Hillcrest and that part of town is :p:

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Just show up in your company ride, they may run away......................... :D

9. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I would also like to know when it is coming to DVD, anyone know? I think they are showing it here but i cant think of a single girl that I know that would go to a movie like that :frown1: . I also saw some preveiws for it and it looks awesome!

10. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Does it take alot of money to run the 1000? Im sure it does but just wondering. It is something that has always intrigued me though. Do you race a k5? any pics? Oh and i would imagine you have to be in pretty good shape to be able to take the abuse, what do you do to ready yourself for something like that?

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You need a girl to see a movie?????????????????????????????????????

W.W.A.D.???????????????????????????

Hell ya it takes money. He doesn't race a K5, but retroblazer on here does. This would be a topic of discussion, but something I noticed between my three rides I've been in. The Class 8 and 7 trucks, after we stopped, I wasn't that beat up as the trucks were well built. After riding in the stock mini truck though, I felt like I had a good workout. It would seem like in the lower classes, you would need to be in better shape, plus I don't really think there's a group of exercises out there that can prepare as much as seat time.

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I saw it when it came out (4/1). I loved it! I think I'm going to go see it again now that it is in some closer places.

FWIW you can get it on DVD already if you know the right people :D

Seeing it made me want to get into desert racing. Anyone want to fork over the cash for me to do it :confused:

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i plan on seeing it desert racing rocks. growing up in vegas im around it quite a bit. i race my quad but no trucks yet.

14. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

dan, where did you see it? I want to see it soooo bad.

15. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

After reading BCG1's comments on rdc I'm even less inclined to go see it than b4 when only the massive hype had turned me off.

16. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Thom,

It is still worth seeing. Mark would tell you the same thing. I'm taking everyone I know that has never understood why I spend so much of myself on this crazy sport. I think they just might understand me better after seeing it.

17. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I saw it in downtown LA on Santa Monica Blvd...I forget the name of the place right now. When I went to see it it was showing in 2 theaters in the US :eek1: One was in NYC and the other in LA. It is now showing in a bunch more places so you shouldn't have to drive all the way downtown...but I'm sure you will have to drive all the way down the hill and then some. Check out their website www.d2gfilm.com to find a place it is showing.

18. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

One would say that, I've no doubt. I'm sure his comments were meant as a critique 'from the inside' and not as a thumbs-down. Massive hype just turns me off, no matter how good whatever it is might be.

19. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

so has anyone heard when this is comin out on DVD yet????

20. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I saw it a few months or so ago, it was a very good movie. Never done desert racing or anything but I really enjoyed it. Havent heard if its coming to dvd though. I walked out of the theatre happy to be a dirt biker and 4 wheeler.