Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Duval Lake in Jax, FL

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by bogginnut, Oct 22, 2002.

1. bogginnut

bogginnut Registered Member

They drained the lake a few years ago, don't ask me why. I've been hearing from my buddies about it, and finally went this past Sunday. Words can't describe it. I was stunned. Mud everywhere. There are still several ponds left that were once the deep parts of the Lake. There is something for everyone to ride. Sand,trails, hillclimbs, some off camber twisty stuff, then acres of nothing but juicy mud.
    The down side is eventually somebody will do something stupid, causing the Law to get involved, which ends up getting everyone 86'ed. Happens every time. If you don't live too far away, it would make for a real fun Sunday trip. Enjoy it while we can. Shoot me an E mail if you want directions. Sean

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Id like to check it out. Maybe I can do a trip up there some time this winter. Its only a few hrs ride. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a ton of fun, but unfortunately, by the time I get my Blazer road worthy enough to get to Jax the hole will surely be shut down. Maybe I will get lucky and it will stay open until next summer/fall....