Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DVD Decoder Error **STILL**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Jun 30, 2006.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't know what happened, but I have a sneaking suspicion it had something to do with Bittorrent. Windows Media Center and Media Player are telling me that I have decoder errors. I don't know why, or how to fix it. Help?!?! :doah:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Frustrating. Did I mention pad?

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

People sure are feisty around here lately...

4. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

probably a buggered codec.

google klite mega codec pack

download

install

enjoy

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Yeah, that was good for a while, but I want to get the original problem fixed so I can watch all the movies I rent. :angry1: Not to mention cable tv on my computer is one of the reasons I went with Media Center, along with the remote.

6. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I use DVDShrink for the DVD decoders. Its pretty simple and I havent had a problem yet.

I too have a TV card, ATI HDTV actually, and I use Catalyst for that (ATI program). I also have the K-Lite codec pack.

Sorry, Ive never used Media Center. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

7. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Being a that it's integrated into Windows pretty hard, I was trying to avoid that. I'm aboot ready to say **** it.

8. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Problem with Media Center is that it's worthless... it's based on Windows XP Home not professional... Therefore, it is even more worthless than when I started this reply... Just go spend the $139.00 on XP Pro, do a backup of your documents and irreplaceable stuff, insert XP Pro, reboot, divide hard disk into like 20GB for drive C and the rest for drive D... (unless you have 2 drives, but Windows should have it's own partition no matter what.) Install XP pro, then insert your media center disk and add the Media Center functionality. Install codecs, restore your backup files and docs, do a backup... install other software, games, office, graphics, etc... backup again... now go back to watching movies and if it ever messes up again, you can just revert to your backup...

Best thing to do really is spend the $20.00 on a 1GB USB Flash Key and keep your My Documents folder there at all times... then you don't have to worry about losing anything when you revert to a backup...

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Or, you know, I could be a poor college student...

:doah:

I'm going to reinstall MC.