Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DYING WHILE IN REVERSE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RADMAN, Mar 8, 2000.

1. RADMAN

RADMAN Registered Member

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS STRANGE BUT, AFTER PULLING MY BOAT HOME AND TRYING TO BACK IT UP, THE ENGINE KEEPS TRYING TO DIE WHEN IN REVERSE. IT SEEMS TO DO IT WORSE WHEN ITS HOT. WHEN I PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND DRIVE, THE VOLTMETER IS AT 13, BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN REVERSE THE VOLTAGE DROPS AND THE ENGINE STARTS TRYING TO DIE. I THINK I HAVE A GHOST IN THE MACHINE! ANYONE ELSE EVER NOTICED THIS? WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THE VOLTAGE DROP OTHER THAN THE REVERSE LIGHTS COMING ON, AND THOSE SHOULDN'T DROP IT MUCH AT ALL.

TAKE HER TOP OFF, AND ROLL HER IN THE MUD!!!!
    89'JIMMY

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

mmmmmmmm...
    loose wires in your steering column?
    is the trailer still hooked up? wiring harness and all? sounds vaguely electrical, perhaps to do with the reverse light switch.
    i just thought i'd take my guess before the really smart guys wake up.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

Does it only do it with the trailer hooked Does the trailer have brakes Maybe they're hung up or something Just a thought was working on my ranger trailer brakes today