Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. timebomb1602

timebomb1602 1/2 ton status

Hey anyone ever use that dynamat stuff on their floor? Thinkin about using it when I redo the carpet to quiet out the inside.

<font color=red>1991 GMC Jimmy 350tbi 3.42</font color=red>[​IMG]

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think in this post someone is referring to shiny stuff as dynamat....?
    http://www.corvetteforum.com and do a search on 'dynamat'
    I think you will fing it is VERY popular in the vette community.
    (I think they had a member discount happening last year)
    No personal experience - sorry.

3. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

My brother made a good difference in road noise but you can still hear the exaust. Help with the sound of is stereo. but doesn't make it sound like a luxary car though

4. timebomb1602

timebomb1602 1/2 ton status

Not lookin for luxury just enough to kill some muffler resonance.

<font color=red>1991 GMC Jimmy 350tbi 3.42</font color=red>[​IMG]

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

my personal opinion is that the regualr foam sound deadner does as good of job if not better at a cheaper price. Dynomat is pretty spendy... probably why the vette guys use it LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

6. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have Dynomat on my floors, doors, rear panels, and cab roof....total of about $200...makes all the difference in the world....I can still hear the exhaust when I romp it, but just driving, it's really quiet...I run headers, Dynomax, hiflo cats, and 2 1/2 pipes.....Alpine/Fosgate....6 Denon's in dash, kickpanels, rear panels, and a 12" sub....400W....the matting seemed to help the stereo more than anything else....I just keep vibrating the dome light covers off, and those little wing windows on my sliding glass vibrate when I stand still.....hope this helps some...JD

I'm at 10th and Plum....10 miles from nowhere, and Plum out in the sticks....Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not me, my vette is TOO quiet. Planning on doing something nasty to the exhaust when I am done (HA) with the Blazer project.

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I would think using liner and then the foam mating would work just as well. I know the liner is like $100, but at least it helps to rust proof it......the dynomat seems pricy for what it does...but that's just me.....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I used to install car stereos fulltime and have used my fair share of dynamat. I also have a box full of the stuff in my garage waiting to be put in the Blazer. If it is installed correctly, which is a pretty time consuming process, I've never seen anything do a better job. But it does take a lot of money. If you don't mind spending a C-note or two on it, you'll notice a big difference...but if you want to spend less, then the other alternatives are OK. If you do decide to buy some dynamat PLEASE get the dynamat Extreme and not the original...its only a little bit more pricey but over 4 times more effective. Also might want to check Ebay for a "generic" dynamat...I've seen it on there alot for pretty cheap prices.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I helped my friend do his car with Dynamat. It is heavy. I was going to use it in my car but wanted to keep the weight down- it was a street/strip car. If you don't care about weight and are keeping your carpet/trim it is great. It also seems to help isolate the driver from vibrations and makes the radio sound better. I haven't tried the Extreme, but if it is that much better for a slight increase in price it sounds like a great value.

Jim '80 GMC
    Freedom First!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com>http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com</A>

11. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I redid my interior and i found some material at partsexpress.com that looks feels and acts like dynamat minus the brand name and it worked out good for me you should try it out. i reidd the whole botttom of the can and i have the material to do the side panals as well but i waiting to get the stereo installed.