Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dynamat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Aug 2, 2001.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Usually its just the stereo guys that buy Dynamat, but everyone else should think about using some. My truck feels like a Lexus now since I lined most of my floor with some. Huge difference.
    You don't have to be psycho like me and use a ton...even a moderate amount would help. Here are some pics.
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1657641&a=12907332&p=52385054
    The only thing that sucks is I can't put any on the passenger side yet because that metal is going to be cut out and replaced with new parts in a couple months.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Looks sweet, but wasn't that kind of expensive? I mean I got a sheet that was like i think 3ftx3ft and it was like $30.

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks great how much did it run you?

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I've heard you can buy stuff very similar thru McMaster Carr or Grainger a lot cheaper and a lot bigger quantity. suppost to work as good, just FYI for those interested

Like em big and topless

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

How does Dynamat hold up to the heat. I know the floor gets cookin around the tranny area. Looks good though!

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers... and it's still not BIG ENOUGH!!

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i was wondering the same thing

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

7. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I used to work at Best Buy so I got a huge discount on the stuff. I used Original dynamat in the back floor and Extreme Dynamat on everything else. The Extreme is about 4 times more effective and easier to apply. 4 square feet of the Original is $25 and 4 feet of the Extreme is $35. I paid $7 for the Original and $11 for the Extreme. I used about 6 rolls of the Extreme and 4 or 5 of the Original.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

8. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The Original series Dynamat is OK with heat and would be fine on your floorboards. But the Extreme Dynamat would be better. Its rated alot higher for heat and is even approved to use on the bottom side of your hood! The Extreme series is awesome for a lot of reasons.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

9. Bryanshadow

Bryanshadow Registered Member

how does the stuff feel to the touch? it it hard and seemingly thick, or a cussion like softness? and also, does it have great sound blockage? i know that stuff would be good to put in a truck... and it doesnt seem to cost an arm and a leg like most good stuff does. plus it looks good, and would probably work better under some carpeting. L8!

the shadow,
    Bryan

why do you only use your 4wd for parking lot maneunvers?

10. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The Original dynamat is just kind of like a rubber mat with adhesive on one side. Kind of like a flexable asphault almost...as weird as that must sound.
    The Extreme dynamat is more gooey, which explains the thicker aluminum foil type backing. They both can be contoured around any shape imaginable. The Extreme has excellent sound blockage and deadening. My truck has dropped so my dB's of road noise its not even funny. All I hear now are Flowmasters and Super Swampers.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

11. Bryanshadow

sweet, the stuff sounds really good. do you know of any web sites i might be able to get more info on the stuff? cuz i hate talkin to the guys at my local auto shops. some know what i want to know, while others just look it up in the computer and say they have any of it, or anything. thanx. L8!

the shadow,
    Bryan

why do you only use your 4wd for parking lot maneunvers?

12. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.dynamat.com>www.dynamat.com</a>

Look for the stuff on Ebay before you shell out the big bucks at a stereo shop...it usually goes for pretty cheap on there. Just make sure its the real deal, because a lot of the product on Ebay is imitation Dynamat.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

13. Bryanshadow

thanx man. L8!

the shadow,
    Bryan

why do you only use your 4wd for parking lot maneuvers?

14. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

How do you think that stuff would do with muddy water all over it? Think it would ruin the stuff or not?

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s