Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dynatrac D60's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigk, Jul 27, 2001.

1. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Dynatrac D60\'s

I've seen a couple articles lately showing Dynatrac D60 front axles that cost more than 5 grand. I thought I used to see tham advertised for around $1600 or so. What the sam hell happened? No way can I afford no $5000 axle for a toy. How is a workin stiff supposed to be able swing this kind of s%#t?

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Re: Dynatrac D60\'s

I think $5g is for a complete axle. I think they sell just the pumkin for something like $1500.

The realy crapy thing is that we're running out of options.

Twiztid

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Think they figure there is a limited amount of D60's available and they have you guys over a barrel...........sucks. Keep looking for junkyard K30's, seem to be a few out there. Keep the faith.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I know a local guy that just purchased one. It is awsome, complete from hub to hub, but for $6000 it should sing and dance and keep you company on Sat night.

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

5. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've seen complete K30's for lot less. I'm pretty sure I could build the axle and sell the rest of the truck and come out way ahead.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

6. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Dynatrac's Dana 60s have 35 spline inners and outers?

Never put a stupid move passed a stupid person.

7. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

Since I first checked out Dynatrac in 97 they wanted $3,000 for a bone stock 60. In 98 it went to $3,500. In 99 it went to $4,000. which is where it was when I last checked in 2000. They have the we are god attitude. There is no doubt they have a kick ass product, but for the price they charge, You could buy 3 NOS axles (new old stock) The $4,000 they charge is for a bone stock 60. if you want gears lower than 4.56 add $100. If you want your axle turned, add $750. if you want a detroit, add $625. If you want a 35 spline outers add
    almost $900 with hubs. If you want there high pinion center section add $750. You get the idea. There is no question they have bad ass stuff, but you will pay for it.

IT'S A 1 TON THING.... IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!