Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dyno max ceramic coated headers???yea/nay???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Well I am itching to start up the big block and get some motivation flowing,

can anybody tell me if they are happy with dynomax?

I want a set that will look good and perform, at least for a couple of years.

summit has them for my 71 2wd for 251.00 to my door.

thoughts or suggestions, other header options? I want to stay under 400.00 on this purchase though, so nothing crazy please /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I've got a set on my old SB and they look good and seem OK. I haven't ran it much, since that engine has been singing its death rattle for some time & I've got a 454 transplant waiting. But I do like the coatings look /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have the cheap non-coated Dynomax headers. They fit well and allow good access to the spark plugs. The coated ones should be just as good or better.

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i have dyno crapx on my sbc and i hate them. after a year the ceramic coating stated to pit really bad. the flang at the head is poorly machined causing leaks the flange at the collector is 3/16 thik and take 2 gaskets to make a good seal. plus you get the passenger side shackel interfearance on top of all that.

when i have the extra cash i'm gonna get a set of these. stansheaders

they are a kinda pricy but you get what you pay for. and if those dyno craps are $300 range they aren't even close to being worth it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have the coated ones and have had for four years. They're great headers for the $206 I paid for them.

6. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Shawn, I have had a set on my daily driver for a year. No leaks, no discoloration on the ceramic coating. No problems.

7. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

thanks for the comments, tim, bill and others!

also bill, I just got my 12 blt in that 71 finally..it may need disk breaks now.....hehe