Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dynomax dual kit shock clearance

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jcg, Sep 20, 2001.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at ordering a set of the ceramic coated Afterburners and the Dynomax dual kit this weekend but I've got some questions first.
    I'm switching over to the longer shock setup in the coming months and I was wondering if the Dynomax pipes will clear the shocks once they're moved inside the frame rails, or should I try to find a shop that can bend up custom pipes that run outside the frame like Steve did?? I'm kind of leaning toward this option anyway but I just moved to Charleston and don't really know the shops down here yet. If a shop can come close to the cost of the Dynomax kit, I'll probably go with the custom setup. I figure any size pipe should be able to sneak by the shocks without a problem if it's bent correctly, but I just wanted to make sure the Dynomax kit would clear in case I can't find a deal at a shop. I've got 5" of lift in the rear and a 2" body lift going in within a week so that should give you an idea of how much room is back there.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts www.mudnuts.org

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I think you should have enough play in the exhaust system to clear the shocks, but it's up front that you really need to be sure about. I ordered a Dynomax kit for my truck, yanked off my old exhaust system and then found out that the kit wouldn't even come close to fitting my headers! I don't know what brand mine were, but I ended up ordering a set of Dynomax headers to get everything to fit(mine were rusty anyway).

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA