Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dynomax headers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rick88blaze, Mar 31, 2003.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

anybody here ever used dynomax long headers? i was thinking about getting some for my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif in the next few weeks, along with there dual exhaust kit. all of this will only cost me about $270. so it's not a bad deal, at least i don't think so considering that of all the other long tube headers i looked at, the next in price are about $250 just for the headers. also, i know that for low end torque i need smaller primaries, but what size would be good for that?

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I run them on my Trans Ams. I've never had a problem with them and would definitely recommend them.

3. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

yea bud, i have dynomax headers, the only problem was that the damn auto store gave me ones that didnt fit exactly right, had to do some modifacations but they are great now /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

thanks, i appreciate the info. hopefully in the next month or so i'll get them and the dynomax dual exhaust kit. i can't run what i've got much longer because my front driveshaft rubs on my stock Y-pipe. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

exactly what i did, it sounds awesome, quiet at idle and low rpms, but you get that thing over 3500 rpms and it sounds like you're in an old muscle car...
    downside was fitting, it's almost right, but i can never get the dang things lined up to each other...
    but all in all a good value....wrap those headers up if you can, i know mine are pretty thin steel, i've burned quite a few plug wires when it starts to run a tiny bit lean...