Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E-bay Blues

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhound72, Apr 21, 2005.

1. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

Ok I have a issue here, I sold a old beer can on E-bay and the guy sent it back with a note I quote:

You advertised this in FLAT TOPS with no disclosure it was a PULL TAB-----Thats deceptive. Then signed his name

Here is my prob WTF should I do, send him a full refund, tell him to get bent and prob screw up my feed back and I just started selling also dont want a bad rep so soon.

The pic that was with it showed it in full view that it was a pull tab, I just screwed up and advertised in the wrong section, and I am still trying to fig out what cans are what :frown1:

I am in need of ideas what to do HELP!!!!!!!

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

1. If you don't want a negative then issue a refund.

2. If you don't care tell him to piss off.

3. Reach a compromise, refund the high bid but not the shipping as you were both at fault to a certain degree.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

feedback good keep it that way. and also if he gives you crap say the pics were of the can and showed the top 100% and you saw it and bid on it and its your can.

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I had this happen, I misrepresented a windshield wiper motor and the guy asked if he could send it back and get the right one but I didnt have one so I just gave him his money back. It was 100% my error and only $10 so I thought to hell with it. I would ask if he will accept a half refund in exchange for a neutral feedback, and explain that you both were at fault.

5. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Give the guy back his money and then any future auctions block his bids . Then when he asks tell him he gave you grief over a previous auction . hope that helps . i wouldn't refund shipping !!Just my 2 cents

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

How much was it?

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree. Money back but no shipping refund. Don't sell to him again. Good luck.

8. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

It was only about $10.00 for it so not that big of a deal, but it still sucks tha time I spent packing shipping going to the post office ect.