Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E-brake arms from '80 eldo fit calipers for 14ff rear disc?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Dec 1, 2005.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I haven't gotten calipers for rear discs yet but I have a set of arms for an '80 Caddy Eldorado hanging around. The cut out where they attatch to the caliper is a hex shape and I was wondering if that's the same for the earlier style used when converting to rear discs on a 14 bolt? What year calipers do I need, '76-'78? I searched this morning but I'm leaving for work now (Auto Zone awaits me :thumb: )

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

76-78 is the right year. not sur eif the arms will fit but its worth a try. i got a cheap set of calipers from www.car-part.com then used them as cores for brand new ones at advanced auto parts.

3. TruckNutzDude

I'll probably just sell the arms and go w/ a pinion e-brake sometime next year. I don't like the idea of brake cables hanging down much, but someone else might need these arms for their ride. I have a tendency to back up over things and crush the hard lines and have had farm fence wire wrap up around my tire/axle and crush the hard lines and e-brake cables... It's not fun driving home w/ one brake dragging :mad:

4. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

How much you want for em?

5. TruckNutzDude

I'll shoot you a PM if I can find both of them (right now all I'm able to come up with is the drivers side.) :mad:

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well the arms arent that big of a deal... cant remember whom but someone used craftsman wrenches... you can fab up your own arms...... the springs on the other hand are more important....