Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E-brake cable binding under droop... What to do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Nov 5, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

When I did my 64" spring swap I gained 6" of lift and a lot of suspension travel. I still have my emergency brake cables hooked up and they work while the truck is level. I noticed when I let the suspension droop, the short cable binds up and limits travel and locks up the brake (not good!) I have a manual transmission so I think the parking brake will be a nice feature to have. What do I do about the short side (drivers side) cable binding? Can I drop the mount on the frame down a few inches or is it possible to just use just the passanger side cable (welded rear diff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) I need your opinions on what to do. I just might ditch the whole setup and run a line lock in the future... but that costs money... and I have none of that. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't see why you couldn't run a long passenger cable on the driver's side. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I may look into that. I was also thinking of getting some cables meant for a short bed or long bed truck but I don't know if they are longer or the same size. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I doubt the passanger side cable will work though since they have different ends on them.