Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

e-brake cable on 14bolt rear disc con.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DERBINATOR, Jan 4, 2002.

1. DERBINATOR

DERBINATOR 1/2 ton status

How will the stock blazer e-brake cables hook to the caddy calipers when doing a 14 bolt swap with disc brakes using the caddy calipers? What kind of mods need to be done?

2. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

hey, im ready for those brackets like now! how come your brackets are $100 and misfits are $65??? anyway, with my caddy calipers i just cut my stock cables right at the end of the cable where the lead or metal piece starts that connects to the internals of the factory drum. then i just pulled them through the caddy cable stop brackets ( even the caddy bracket holes were the right size for the stock cable-end that snapped into the stock backing plate) then i pulled the actual cable through the spring and e-brake arm and used little tiny cable stop u-bolts to secure it and it wroked perfect, never had a problem. you can also use the lead cable stops with a crimping tool but then that would be permanent. e- mail me about those brackets again, i need them. thx j.c.

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I haven't tried the other suggestion. I am having new cables made. I'll give you the company if you need it.....

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

this conversion was completely on my k5 a LOOOOONG time ago, but I've never hooked up the e-brake (and I need to do that cuz I have a manul... [​IMG] LOL)... great info here!

anyway is misfit making is baking plates again??? I've seen his plates, and they are awesome!!! I'd like to see if he makes em for a 10b also...

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I know why these brackets are $35 more than misfits: DERBINATOR makes the spacers out of one-piece aluminum, not like those individual spacers like misfit's.

Check out this The K30 Collection