Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E-Brake cables with an axle swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mplogic, Jun 21, 2002.

1. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Sorry for the multiple posts, just ran into another glitch. The mounting for the e-brake cable is way different on my 89 10 bolt than the 14 bolt FF that came off a 77 3/4 ton longbed. Does anyone make adaptation kits or custom cables for this? I was thinking of maybe trying a factory cable off a newer 3/4 ton shortbed truck. What did you guys do to hook up your swapped in axles?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What's an E brake? I cut that stuff off a long time ago.

If I want an E brake in the future, I'll buy Jesse's rear driveshaft with the one installed up by the transfer case.

3. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Um, yea, the e-brake is that simple mechanism that keeps your truck from breaking your tiny park pin and rolling down a hill. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Also a traction aid. Anyone out there hook up their e-brakes after the axle swap? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What's a park pin? *Tim wonders where the park pin is on his 465* /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Look for backing plates off either the 14FF or SF from '83 on up. They will have the correct holes for your e-brake cables. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What's an E brake? I cut that stuff off a long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh now I remember.Your the guy who pulled his drive shaft and had his truck roll down the driveway,across the road, into a ditch,and totaling the truck /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

7. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

E-brakes are good....in fact I'm looking into getting a mico lock so I can lock up the fronts for when I'm dead-manning. And so I can do some stupid burn outs /forums/images/icons/smile.gif