Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E-Brake light will not shut off

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WELLH2O, Sep 14, 2000.

1. WELLH2O

WELLH2O Registered Member

To all the gurus out there I have a 1990 Blazer Silverado and for some reason the e-brake light will not shut off. The light does get brighter when you set the brake, but when you pull the release it does not go off it only gets dimmer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    WELLH2O

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Have you checked your brake fluid levels and bled the brakes? Most of these lights also come on when you're low on fluid.

3. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

Mine 90 did the SAME thing. You might have a bad anti-lock brake computer. If you want to try this. On the left side of the master cylinder is a plastic rectangle box. Its black about..4"x5". In the back of this are 2 wire harness connectors. The bigger one (the top one if I remember)unplug it, with the engine,power,EVERYTHING turned off. Now wait 5 minutes and plug it back in...if the light is now out it reset. If in a little bit it comes on again its the computer and you can buy a new one. I just NOW leave mine unplugged and ONLY HAVE REGULAR BRAKES NO ANTI-LOCK REAR BRAKES!!! But the light is OUT!! lol

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Do your brake lights work? The light will stay on if the fuse is blown in the brake light circuit.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350