Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E-brake mounted on my 205 transfer-case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1 FN HI K5, Jul 28, 2002.

1. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

I have had this in mind for over a year now and just about have it finished. All i need now is a 1350 yoke for my 205 transfer case.Let me know what you think.. Later
    community.webshots.com/photo/45024728/45024895fGxhfC <font color="red">1 FN HI K5 </font color>

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Very cool............... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Nice fab work. What brake caliper did you use and how is it actuated?

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Brad,you have it mounted yet.If so get a pick of that bracket.I have wanted to do that as well.High Angle Driveline's T/C e-brake is too much cash.

5. 1 FN HI K5

I agree when i wanted to do this Jesse at high angle had just made one for the 205 and was asking $150.00 now i see he wants $269.00 that is to much. The great thing about the way i did mine is there is no mounting bracket.The holes line up on the transfer case. The caliper came of a porsche 914. Im going to use my original parking brake.And hopefully the cable as well. <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

6. 1 FN HI K5

The caliper is off a 914 Porsche it is a hydraulic/machanical brake this works the same as any parking brake. I had to use a 1/2 inch longer bolt for the top hole and 4 1/2 inch long bolt for the bottom hole with a 2 1/2 inch pipe spacer. This must be a record for me when something works this nice with out having to modify any thing.. <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

7. Ricks76

Ricks76 Newbie

FN HI K5 let my first say i want your truck thats one sweet ride. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I have been wanting to do this as well High angle wants too much $$$ for there set up. I like that you do not have a bracket to mount yours. Can you email me a pic of the lower mount? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Thanks

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What did you use for a rotor? Custom? Nice job by the way.

9. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

dude...do you think you could come up with a write up on this? part numbers and necessary hardware to complete this mod....please /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

i want to do this to mine also...and the way the caliper is mounted it would give me more 'head room' to push the t-case higher toward the floorboard for a flatter belly pan.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I second that, I am VERY interested in this. If you could make the custom bits for sale I would be interested in that as well, but a write up would be just as cool. High Angle's is way too spendy for me. If the price for the High Angle kit was about the same price as going with Caddy calipers on the 14b FF rear disc vs standard calipers then they would probably sell them all day long... </font color>

11. 1 FN HI K5

Im not very good at write up's if someone else wanted to do that would be fine with me. Thanks <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

12. 1 FN HI K5

Fill out your profile and i might send it to ya /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

13. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

maybe you can tell us how/where to find the caliper and rotor. btw, how does the rotor mount to the back of the yoke?

thanks

14. 1 FN HI K5

The rotor i had made at a local machine shop out of stainless steel. I just sent the money off for a 1350 yoke for the 205 transfer-case and i will bolt the rotor through the yoke where the strap's go to hold the u-joint with grade 8 bolts.As for the caliper maybe a junkyard.I was told one off a VW (Scirocco) --I think that's how it's spelled-- will work as well. <font color="red">1 FN HI K5 </font color>

15. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

My kit is an add on to our 1350 c/v and can get a bit spendy because its a whole system- but you do get a discount for being a member- Jess

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Jess, any chance that you'll make one that doesn't require a CV? I have a SWB pickup so a CV shaft is really not neccessary for me. Maybe it won't work with a regular u-joint yoke, but that's probably the only way that I could justify the cost. </font color>

17. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

You have to use our flange with our system- and you can run it without a c/v and it is less expensive that way- but most flanges that will bolt to our flange configuration are max angle 20 -25 degree's so take that into account- thanks for the question- Jess

18. Ricks76

Ricks76 Newbie

Sorry i been working out of town and havent had time to read very many post. Sent ya a PM I would like to put the transfer case E-brake on my rig. What did it cost you compared to the one jesse has at High angle driveline?
    I like how your's is stuck right behind the transfer case and doesnt stick up to high. Thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif