Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E-Brake Pedal cable pull through

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcamacho, Feb 7, 2006.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Believe it or not, the cable pulled through the clevis that is part of the pedal assembly. I'm thinking of welding up the material a bit and then grinding it to just slip the cable back through. Anyone ever have this problem?

It seems my truck is cursed when it comes to the e-brake system. I've had to replace every piece of the brake cables due to the cables degrading and catching internally. Additionally, the PO set up the rear calipers incorrectly so the cables could not get a direct pull - which I've since fixed by rotating them to a vertical position.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I modified a multi-pump ratcheting pedal from a Caddy for mine. Instead of a single push, you pump the pedal two or three times. It's easier to get max tension on the cables since the pedal has a much lower gear ratio. :)

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

I was able to weld up the clevis and tighten up the clearances again after a bit of finish grinding. A few of the pivot rivets were loose as well - a little spot weld did the trick. Not bad for my 2nd applied welding job. :)