Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

e brake warning light switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BRN78BLAZER, Jun 18, 2003.

1. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

this Q just poped into my head while at work, been meaning to ask about it for a while now. Where wouls the switch/sensor for my e brake warning light be located? It no longer comes on with the e brake, but does when i service the brakes, ie bleeding and pedal goes to the floor the light will come on. I couldn't seem to find it but I do remember there being an electrical conector that was bare grounded right on to the e brake bracketry under the dash, nothing was hooked up to it, and there were no disconnected wires anwhere that i could see. I beleive it had 3 or 6 terminals on it.

Am I on the right track here, what else should i be looking for?

thanks for any help, and if it matters its a 78 k5 2wd.

2. the professor

the professor 1/2 ton status

The switch is on the parking brake pedal assembly.. Very simple push switch... When the pedal comes back, it pushes it open, when you depress the pedal, it grounds the single wire... Think the wire is white, but cannot remember for sure.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Ahhh! I think I get what your saying, So the conector I described, that is not hooked up to anything, should have at least one wire on it. Hmmm, Now that I know that, I'll have to look harder for the wire that must have come off.

Thanks for the info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Steve