Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

e-brake ?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by harry, Feb 13, 2002.

1. harry

harry 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have pictures I could see of our e-brake system (under the body I am trying to see the hangers). I took my blazer down to the frame amd am now putting it back together and don't know if I'm missing anything. I looked at my friends 1970 K20 and it seem to be a different set up

harry
    69k5

2. ed rex

ed rex Registered Member

Hi Harry,

Sorry, I don't have pics but it is really not too rough. The main cable comes from the front of the vehicle and terminates with a long screw. Attached to the very end is a spring which attches to a tab on the underside of the 'bed'. A piece of metal 'folded' to make a channel slides on the threaded portion of the end of the main cable and is adjusted by a nut that threads onto the threaded portion of the main cable. Through this channel is another piece of cable about oh...30" long. To both ends of this piece of cable, the cables from your brake drums are connected via a kind of 'C' shaped piece of metal. Now, additional springs are used to hold the whole assembly up and away from the driveshaft/transfer case output area. With a body and suspension lift, I fiddled with the placement of mine to ensure that a limp dangling cable would not wrap around the driveline.

Sorry for the criptic description. Hope it points you in the right direction.

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The intermediate cable should be suspended on the passenger side above the rear driveshaft by a hook that is at roughly the same angle as the forward cable/adjuster screw. There should be one shorter hook (about 3" long) attached to the frame rails on either side of the Blazer to support the two rear parking brake calbes, about a foot in front of where their housings are clipped into their brackets on the frame.