Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E.j.s.?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, Aug 10, 2005.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

anyone going out to the easter jeep safari? it is in moab in the spring time right? the reason i am asking about it now is so that i can get the info i need incase i have to get out of school or something...when is it? and where could i get directions or more info about it? thanks

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just go to Blazer Bash instead, it's much less chaotic and none of those pesky jeeps running around...

http://www.blazerbash.com

3. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i was planning on going to that too. but i wanted to go out the the EJS with huge bumper stickers that say "jeeps are for pu**ys"

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

EJS is the week leading up to and inlcuding Easter(april 16th 2006). I think EJS is a blast we went on Kane Creek with a bunch of Jeeps and by the end of the run people were talking about how awesome stock blazers were. Although neither of the blazers that looked stock were actually stock they both had lockers anyway at least on this trail it is not hard to show a jeep up

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

It's at Easter.

6. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

I have gone to EJS the past 2 years and this year we ran Behind the Rocks (my first time, but I have done harder). I was able to walk up upchuck and going down white knuckle hill was cake for me. Only half the jeeps that tried upchuck made it and of them 2 put it on their side, I made it without so much of a chirp from the tires. I personally think that once you get to 35" tires or larger jeeps have a severe disadvantage to a fullsize thanks to wheelbase, stability, and ease of swapping in 1 tons (not to mention strength of the rest of the steering and drivetrain and V8 power). Again, Blazer Bash will be awesome and it is highly recommended, buy EJS is sweet as well and you can see tons of people do awesome stuff with some sweet buggies!

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Give me a call, we set up fullsize trailrides for EJS week that are always fun. We usually run Pritchett one day and some milder trails the other days.
    For maximum good time on the trails, plan on being there all week. If you just want to see the spectacle, show up for the weekend. The vendor show is thursday and Friday, that's always good to walk around too.

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Man I wish I would have known that last year hopefully you can count me in in 06