Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

Does anyone know when these new lockers will be available. The article in Petersen's says the fall of this year, but then later they say it'll be out by the time i read the article. Whats the deal?

<font color=green>"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still to young to care!"</font color=green>

2. CarolinaBogger

no one's heard anything????

<font color=green>"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still to young to care!"</font color=green>

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

not only have i not heard, mind telling me what an e-locker is?

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

4. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Yeah I saw the same thing, it was in the last Petersons in the SEMA show section. They are talking about a new locker like an ARB but instead of using air it engages electricaly. I was wondering the same thing about when and where and most importantly, what do they or what will they cost!

Gee your a fart smeller, Oh, I mean a Smart Feller!

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't know the details about WHEN either....... but I have been following the "E-Locker" for at least a year now.....I REALLY want one (acutally TWO) in my K5!!!

The latest article was a little confusing with respect to availability. They are starting to build them for the OEMs like Toyota and Hummers.....so they'll be able to weed out any reliability issues by the time the "aftermarket" E-Lockers come out.

I hate to say it, but I bet we have to wait until Fall....or later for these....I'm gonna ask Santa for the 14BFF one for Christmas, and then in the Spring......when the D60 is available maybe the Easter Bunny can get me one!!!!! [​IMG]

E-Locker looks like the ULTIMATE locker.....better than ARB, Detroit, everything.......and you can drive them in snow and ice, and get good manners!!!! Talk about having your cake and eating it too......

Impatiently waiting...........

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Its in this months Peterson's. I haven't had chance to read it yet. But it is available for the 14 bolt. I did see that.

Its the popping, rumbling, roaring, twisting, flexing, grinding, so you can wheel anywhere medicine[​IMG]

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Haha, pretty funny, people buying new vehicles are the ones that get to have the broken lockers so that we can have ones that actually work and hold up : )

For Restore89, as described, its a locker that uses electrical input to lock, and its being made by Eaton (same folks as the gov-lock) www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Solowookie and I were looking at this one night over messanger. If it is the Eaton one, it doesn't look like they have plans for a 14B FF in sight. Looks like so far they have it avalable for...
    GM 8.6"
    GM 9.5"
    GM 9.25"
    Ford 8.8"
    Dana 60
    Nissan Xterra/Frontier

Here is a link to a review http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch

9. CarolinaBogger

In Petersen's, they say: "The popular GM axle, such as the large and small 14-bolt, 12-bolt, and 10-bolt styles are the first to be released, with other popular axles such as F*rd and Dana 44 and 60 to follow". So theres some good news.