Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

E4ME (CCC-QJet) adjustments

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mechted, Jul 31, 2004.

1. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Well, got the carb for my brothers truck a few days ago, and when we put it on, it stalls once you shift into gear. So I play with the idle, but the only way to stop the stalling is to crank it so high it diesels after shutdown. So I guessing fuel mixture is the next thing to play with? Is that right? Or is there another culpret I need to look for.

btw, this is on an 85 C10, CA emissions, V6 262 engine, 700r4 trans. Carb got new mixture sensor, TPS, and master choke diaphram during the rebuild, and we were told that everything was readjusted to factory specs

any help is greatly appreciated
  2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Are you absolutely sure there is no vacuum leaks at the base gasket,or hoses,intake gaskets??.Sounds like what you are describing,try spraying carb cleaner around the base gasket and other suspected hoses and see if it makes the motor stall out,(dont spray the distributor cap or plug wires!)if it dies out during that test,you have a vacuum leak.If the carb has an idle stop solenoid that isnt working that can make it stall too,also an EGR valve sticking open can snuff the motor out at idle too--might not even be the carbs fault--Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif