Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Eagle TSI fans, need help on a decision

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by DesertDueler, Oct 2, 2003.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I found a 93 Eagle TSI AWD for sale for 7500. It has a built 6 bolt engine with a T60-1 turbo. The bottom end is all forged. The motor has 6,000 miles on it. It has boost control, turbo timer, and fully programable fuel curve dash mounted, and a fully programable ECM. The car is really quick. Is it worth $7500? It has 18" wheels, the tranny was rebuilt, t-case was gone through, and everything is new or rebuilt. The only problem with the car is it is purple. Help me make a decision guys.

Dan

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

7500? have you driven it? what kind of clutch does it have in it..if its anything less than a 2600# clutch then you will have problems..no leaks from the front/rear or center diffs? i say drive it hard like it was built to be, and see if you like it, if you do, offer insanely below what he wants, maybe 5000, see what expression his face has on it...if he jumps right on your first offer, make up an excuse about having to check with the wife, then call him later and offer a little less, saying the wife doesnt like the idea...6 bolt blocks are the only way to go, almost no chance of crankwalk..id ask for receipts too.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. DesertDueler

It has at least the 2600 lb clutch. That clutch pedal is stiff /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know who built it and so does a couple of my friends. I offered him 6K for it and he said no. He is firm at 7500. He paid 10K for it, but is scared of the car, so he want to get a little back for it.

Dan

4. DesertDueler

Oh, and I took it for a drive, and turned the boost up, it is fast. It is a low 12 second car /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif He said it can run in the low 11s with higher octane fuel. The motor was built to handle 30 lbs of boost /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Dan

5. Confedneck

why not get it then? if the funds are available, offer him 7k in cash in hand..have the other 500 ready...but in your pocket..

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sounds like a well built ricer, I wouldn't mind driving a really well built ricer.

7. Confedneck

ricer? built in normal, illinois...domesticated rice then LOL