Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Eagle86K5, wiring help?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric78K5, Jul 20, 2000.

1. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Eagle,
    I'm converting my manual tailgate window to power. I have the regulator, the motor, the key, and the part of the wiring harness that attaches to the key end with 3 wires. My question is this...if I use a non stock switch, on-off-on type, how would I wire that in with the key? Do I run the power to the center post of the switch, then to the center post of the key switch? Also, is there some kind of relay wired in the stock setup? This homemade wiring will only be temperary, cause I have a guy who is going to give me his stock wiring and power stuff in trade for my manual stuff. So I'll end up with two sets of power tailgate stuff, except for the harness. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Eric,

When I get home this evening I will scan the wiring diagram for you. You should not have that much trouble doing what you want....

3. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I'm working most of this weekend, but I'll check back in later. Thanks again.

4. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

5. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well the water pump just started leaking from the seal so I am in the process of changing that and this weekend I have to drive to Indiana to upgrade and service the network for my lawyers computers. So I shall be busy for a few days, I will try in the interim to scan the diagram for you. I jusy ask for a bit of patience...thanks... Ray