Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Early 90s 3500 Crew Cab Emblem question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ZZ4x4, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I've got a missing emblem on both sides of my 3+3 Crew cab and was wondering if anyone has a pic of what is supposed to be there. I've got the 3+3 emblem on the pillar by the rear door crease and the 3500 emblem on the front door, but there is a spot above the 3+3 where another emblem should go. What is it??

Thx,
    Jeff

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The trim level emblem goes on the pillar above the "3+3". On the "V" series trucks the emblem changed to a small 1"x2" adhesive black badge with the trim level written in it.

Good luck finding the originals, when I had my truck painted the body shop took mine off ("Cheyenne") and I later found out they are discontinued. I think GM is now substituting a later model emblem that's similar but a little more rounded.

3. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Do you know what all the trim level choices were in 91? Mine is a base truck with very limited options.

4. nvrenuf

The only trim levels I have personally seen are "Cheyenne" and "Silverado", I don't know if "Scottsdale" was still used and I'm pretty sure "Custom Deluxe" was gone.

Like you, mine is pretty base model. The only big options mine has are quad headlights, auto tranny, and a/c - it is a Cheyenne model.

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[​IMG]

this is a 1991 V3500 Silverado Crew Cab with all the bells and whistles. The Silverado tags on my truck are faded so bad that I am going to take them off, and not bother replacing them.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Don't think "Camper Special" or any of those were around that late. Shameless plug: You can look on my brochures age for your specific year and see trim line options and hopefully pix of what is supposed to be there.

-- A

7. nvrenuf

Shameless plug #2: That's one bada$$ page Dremu!! As always, FULL of info! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Thanks for posting the link! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

It's official: only 2 trim levels available - Cheyenne and Silverado.

Edit: the above levels are trucks only.

K5's were offered as Scottsdale and Silverado only.

8. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Dremu !! That is incredible. You are my hero and will always be /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    The amount of data you've collected and have displayed in an easy to find way is truly awesome. Never let that site disappear.
    Thanks for the post.
    Jeff /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

No worries guys -- this is why I do that page, so you can get the answer directly from the horse's mouth, as it were.

-- A

10. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Speaking of emblems, does anyone know how to remove the 2500 emblems from on top of the GM factory door trim for a 91? Also, what kind of glue or tape should I use to attach my new emblems dirrectly to the door, not on the trim. I bought some 3500 emblems off ebay for my burb, and they are for a later model truck (2000 +) so they need to go dirrectly on the door. Thx

11. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Typically for removing the emblems put on with sticky tape or glue, you can take some fishing line and some leather gloves and saw the adhesive behind the emblem. For the kind with the pins , you have to get behind them with a 3/8th open end wrench to remove the nut. You can use Goo-Gone to get rid of the sticky. You can re-apply the emblems with 3M Emblem Adhesive which comes in a tube.