Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ease my mind please!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hayduke, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

hey there all, here's my story:
    two weeks ago i was involved in a wreck that wasn't my fault. my insurance company would only let the body shop use brand new body parts so the cost to fix it was too much for the value THEY put on the rig, so they paid off the remainder of my loan and after all the run-around i was left with a totalled out vehicle and $200.
    since then i have purchased another vehicle as a daily driver. from what my friend at the body shop tells me there is no frame damage (i drove it home after the wreck!) and what i need is a new front and driver's front fender, or i could pull the wheel and bumper and go to work with a hammer...the tire grinds on full right turns.
    due to my status as a student (in debt) all signs should point to selling it or parting it out, and most everyone says the same. yet i don't think i can part with it, and am thinking of really starting to build it up, plus it would become a second vehicle for future trips to the shop for my current truck (dakota).
    i guess really i just wanted to vent and here i know i am among K5 friends here who would understand!
    thanks.
    peace.
    HAYDUKE

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> So the front clip is all that's broken on it? Keep it! Can't be that hard to find a new clip around you. that is, so long as you can get a salvage title for it, if it's titled as a scrap only vehicle than it will have to be off road only. </font color>

3. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

ok so they pay the loan now you own the truck outright? they send you a new title ( the loan co ) with no lean holder on it, next thing to do is start shopping for a front clip??? how much did they pay off??? i'm shure it's alot more than the cost of a front clip. check te parts for sale forum its could save you some $$$$$$$$$$. good luck /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

You can pull the front clip off of any chevy of the right era, just look in you paper for vehicles being parted out /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Find a good junkyard and for a couple hundred bucks you have a good front clip /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

You can pull the front clip off of any chevy of the right era, just look in you paper for vehicles being parted out /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Find a good junkyard and for a couple hundred bucks you have a good front clip /forums/images/icons/grin.gif