Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Easiest Install Ever!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Todd78/87, Apr 26, 2000.

1. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I got my intermitent wiper control module the other day from Year One..... It took approximatly 22.7349 seconds to install. Just unscrew the old non-interm. switch, plug the interm. module into the new interm. switch, plug the wire harness into the back of the module, and screw in the new switch.
    I wish everything else was that easy[​IMG]

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

2. 76JimmyinAZ

76JimmyinAZ Registered Member

Did you previously have intermittent wipers? If not, please let me know how to contact Year One (I haven't done a web search yet). I'd like to do the same to my 76 Jimmy. (LOVE TO would be more accurate). How much was the module??

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

Details please

Todd, give me the scoop on this item. I have been looking to do this, but haven't found one that seems to be as easy to install. All I have is the very basic slow-fast switch. A intermittent wiper would of been nice yesterday, with the intermittent rain we had in the morning.

Also let me know if you have AOL IM and email me direct.

Phil
    82K5
    philmo1@earthlink.net

4. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Re: Details please

I did not have interm. wipers... just the regular hi/low switch. After looking through LMC's catalog and determining the interm function was NOT in the motor, I bought the interm. switch. Took it home, and noticed that there are two plugs on the back of the new switch and only one on the old one. So that told me there had to be a 3rd piece that controls the interm. function. I finally found the module in the Year One catalog http://www.yearone.com. The module was like $35 bucks or something. I don't remember how much the switch was, probably in the same price range. I bought it a while back along with a bunch of other stuff. I can look when I get home this evening.
    So,, if you've NEVER had interm. wipers.. you need the new switch that goes in the dash AND the control module which plugs right into the back of it, then your original wire harness plugs into the back of the control module.
    Phil,, I don't have AO(Hell) IM,,, I use ICQ my number is 9486669

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

5. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

76JimmyinAZ,,, the module is $44.95 #WC79 from Year One and the switch is $29.95 # 36-0671 from LMC.
    They say from 78-83,, I'm not sure what kind of switch you have in your 76 or if would work.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

6. 76JimmyinAZ

76JimmyinAZ Registered Member

Todd-
    Is/was your switch dash- or turn-signal mounted? Mine is dash mounted. Slides to the right from detent for slow then high speed, push in on switch for washers... Similar to your original?

ILUVMYTRUK

7. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

It's Dash mounted,,, works exactly like the one you describe. They sound the same,, not sure why the catalogs just say from 78-83,,,

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound