Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

easily adjustable drag link

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by prjt_blzr, Jun 20, 2003.

1. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Steve,

I'm looking to soon be running one of your drag links when my D60 gets back and I have a question. I like the idea of the bent link to clear the crossmember and the angles that the TREs run at because of this. But not having easy or precise adjustment is a bit bothersome. Would it be possible to thread the outside of the 1.25" tubing and the inside of the 1.5" tubing to make a link that is easily and finely adjusted? I would think the size of the tubing would provide plenty of beef and not be prone to failure. What do you think?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Mike, I think it's possible but not something we can do easily. And to be honest, I'm not sure it's that necessary. The adjustment on the ends is as small as 1/18th of an inch so we've never had problems getting the steering wheel centered. Heck, the GM frames and springs will move around enough that it's not safe to assume you're axle is centered to within 1/18th of an inch! It can be a bit of a pain to adjust but it doesn't happen very often.

3. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Well, you sound pretty confident that the drag link will adjust to center the steering wheel. I'm used to adjusting the factory link in small increments and it sounds like the longer link is more forgiving. I guess I'll just take the pitman arm puller with me when I get the front end aligned.

Thanks and I'll talk to ya soon for the drag link.

Mike