Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

East Coast Blazer Bash 01

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 79Stomper, Oct 6, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All right I am tired of talking about this and want to see something materialize of this so here is the first post. I want to plan something around the 15-18th of April. I will be there as a definate. Location, lets say Tellico since it is centrally located to all of uf east coasters and if you know of another spot then recommend it. Carolina off road will be there so lets see who all else i. Lets get a ball moving on this thing and see if maybe we can pick up a few sponsores to have an awesome drwaing. I will do the legwork, but I am some 7 or so hours away fromt he location but more than happy to do it and take some initiative and get this thing going.

James

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You da Man James! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif Yeah, what he said. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Tellico...I need break something. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif I'm not gonna be able to sleep now untill April. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Can't wait.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'd love to see this come through and a BIG THANKS to James for stepping and pushing this!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

My junk is still a bare frame but I'll do my best to get it going and bugs worked out in time for the ride. There are a few of us here on the coast so I'd think there'd be at least a couple that'd make it.

Ok Tellico, never been there, how far is it from Atlanta? What's in Tellico as far as lodging? Camping only or are there cabins / hotels? Any restaraunts or fast food reasonably close? Got to keep the wife and kids in mind. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

How do we do this, do we "reserve" the park for that weekend or just have a couple dozen K5's show up?

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like the dumbest idea i ever heard of.....

Yea right, i will be there, let me know if you need any help /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'll be there. I should be living about 1.5 hours from Tellico by January /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd love to see this come through and a BIG THANKS to James for stepping and pushing this!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

My junk is still a bare frame but I'll do my best to get it going and bugs worked out in time for the ride. There are a few of us here on the coast so I'd think there'd be at least a couple that'd make it.

Ok Tellico, never been there, how far is it from Atlanta? What's in Tellico as far as lodging? Camping only or are there cabins / hotels? Any restaraunts or fast food reasonably close? Got to keep the wife and kids in mind. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

How do we do this, do we "reserve" the park for that weekend or just have a couple dozen K5's show up?

[/ QUOTE ]
    its about 2 hours from atlanta, there are cabins there and hotels its a good size mountain town and plenty of food to but the trail is about 20-30 from town, no you cant reserve tellico and you wouldnt need to either its big enough, go to tellico4x4.com then click on tellico info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and get your junk running to, and IM IN cant wait /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm about to start on the dubler project but you can count me in just make the date definite and I'll be there. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

count me in too, april should give me plenty of time to finish my rig. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

anything new? i will be picking vacations for next year in the next week or so, it would be cool if i could pick one around the trip?

10. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I am interested as well. If possible, I would keep the date as close to the end of April or early May. That way, anyone from out this way could possibly attend Moab EJS (last week of March next year) and come out there also (mainly thinking of me /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif). I know Tellico starts getting busy then, but it would work out better. I will start pressing some peeps here to make some plans if you guys can pick a date. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Currently working on an information package to post up in the coming weeks or so as soon as I get back from California. I want this thing to happen and am looking for some support from CK5 and maybe pick up a few sponsors to have a prize drawing of some sort. I was also tossing around an idea of a plaque since this will be a Chater Run for ECBB and will receive a plaque for all those who pay entry prior to the run.

ATTN Steve- Any advice would be appreciated if your following this. You have done a few of these. Any pointers and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

James

12. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok who from TN is going to ECBB01 We could probably start a parade LOL