Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

East Coast Summer Crawl: July 13-15, 2007

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by Shiprekd, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

East Coast Summer Crawl – July 13th-15th 2007

** Formerly dubbed “Summer Blaze” – under new organization**

Where: Rausch Creek Off Road Park– Tremont, Pa
    When: July 13th – 15th, 2007 (rain or shine)
    Who: All 4x4 vehicles stock -2- modified (NO bikes or quads!). All makes and models welcome.
    Cost: $40 – Facility fees (includes vehicle, driver) $10 per passenger - fees based on 1st time visit.
    Times: Saturday & Sunday 8:30 am Trail departures and Sunset staging arrivals (up to 12 hours!)

Intro:

Calling all GM Full Size owners and all other makes and models, it’s now time for the East Coast to show the West just what it takes to wheel on the other side of the country. The Atlantic states have some of the most diverse terrain there is to wheel on and we’re going to prove it. We will be wheeling on 30+ miles of trails with everything from logging roads to all out extreme rock crawling runs and anything in between.

Rausch Creek Off Road Park has something for every kind of taste. Deep rutted mud trails, a 1800ft long by over 100ft wide natural glacial river of rocks, innocent looking water holes that can swallow a full size truck, rock runs, hill climbs, off camber turns, you name it, and it’s there. Notorious obstacles such as The Pit, Frog Hole, Milkshake, Sunken treasure and trails with names such as Snakebite, Crawler ridge and so on.

As an added bonus, there will be a WEROC (World Extreme Rock Crawling) competition happening right on the Park’s fairgrounds. So if all of this doesn’t excite you or make you want to come to this event, then you’re not an Off-Roader :O}

We will have:

A)Trail guides – experienced guides will lead each group per level. Everything from Green trails all the way to Red (extreme).
    B)Almost a full shop’s worth of tools for repairs if needed
    C)Morning continental breakfast (per donation)
    D)Possible: vendors and giveaways
    E)Saturday night bon-fire
    F)Music (possible DJ, etc..)

*** We have struck a deal with the local (10 minutes away) parts supply to be available to us if for any reason anyone need parts.

Enter and register at the orignal LOWER entrance! The new entrance will be for We-Rock use that weekend.

Lodging:

Rausch Creek Off Road Park offers FREE Camping to those using their facility. Porta-potties are the ONLY amenity. There is no running water or bathrooms/showers nor electricity.

Local hotel/Inn’s: If you’re looking for a soft bed, we would advise you to book rooms early as they will be taken quickly due to the WEROC competition being held. You can find links and info to local Inn/Hotels on the Rausch Creek Off Road Park website or click here.

Basic Itinerary:

Friday 13th – Arrival! We will be throwing a pre-party in the Park’s camp area beginning at 8:00 pm with a small bon-fire to meet and mingle. We’ll fire up some music and jabber until evening end.

Saturday 14th – Beginning 7:30 am we will all register with the office and stage in the designated area. Staging will be based on group trail levels.

8:30am - Group trail meeting with your guide(s) going over the trails and rules.
    9:00am - Depart for trails
    12-1pm – Lunch (trail side)
    5-7pm - Park office arrival (back at)
    NO night time wheeling is allowed!

** Exact times from trail departure on, are tentative**

Sunday 15th – You may wheel on Sunday or you may depart for home. There will be No guides for Sunday but there may be a few that will go wheeling from the previous day. If you wish to have a guide, you may request one at the Park’s Office. There is a TWO VEHICLE MINIMUM to wheel in the Park.

Answers to ALMOST ALL of your questions can be found on the Rausch Creek Off Road Park’s website.

The East Coast Crawl website will be online shortly. We are working as fast as we can to provide information on this event given the time span that we have.

**Attention Vendors***
    If you would like to showcase your products, we are more than willing to work with you and help you in any way we can. With your help, we can make this a great cross-promotional for you.

Vendors:

After Ours - tube doors, bumpers & Rhino lining

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. Xtremegmc80

Xtremegmc80 1/2 ton status Premium Member

thanks for the info:D

3. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

welll i will be there...its gonna be me vs. milkshake and im gonna kick its a$$ in this...time to get to work fellas!!!

Picture 117.jpg

4. Xtremegmc80

Xtremegmc80 1/2 ton status Premium Member

if im going to be there.. gotta get my butt in gear and start building this!

Picture 014.jpg

5. WinslowS

WinslowS 1/2 ton status

I think it would be cool to come, don't know if the K5 will be up to the trip by then, the engine needs some work before I drive it that far.

6. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

Bring what you have guys, it's all about wheelin anyway.

The 5ft pit I've beaten twice on two runs at it. MilkShake has a better score on me. I'm 1 for 3 with it. Frog Hole and Sunken Treasure are the real DEEP steep angle holes. Only one or two rigs a year make it thru those two.

The place is awesome. You can go from a muddy trail right to snail'n across Rock creek within minutes..lol

7. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

I just thought I would clear up a lil info.

This is the same event that's been talked about since last May so it's not a new or additional one on short notice. The original organizer has had to step down from the task. I was doing most of the ground work so to speak because I'm (and my group) not far from Rausch Creek. We know most of the trails and have a good relationship with the Park. If this thing was to be run successfully, it would need people who visit the Park frequently and know it's workings.

I felt it best to start a new in respect to everything organized and in relatively one place instead of buried in 37 pages of posts. I would have more info on vendors who have donated certificates,etc.. but I have yet to hear back from the original thread starter.

Once again, I am actively seeking vendors and companies to showcase their products. This is a great opportunity for them/you to do so as it will not only be those attending the Summer crawl, but other off-road enthusiasts as well as fans and the WEROC crowd.

Thanks for reading thru this drivel and hope to see many of you there.

Ken

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll be there Friday evening, Lord willin'! :wink1:

Couple of us are going to convoy up from the Carolina's!!! :D

Names and times TBA...............

9. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

Just thought I would tell all (edited the original post too) that "After Hours" (Tom) will be there at the event with his tube doors, bumpers, etc.. on hand for us to drool over.

One lucky Blazer/Full size owner will go home with a pair!

10. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

this sounds like fun. should have the shortbed done by then.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  11. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a few questions. With the WEROC competitions and Bloomsburg Jamboree all happening on the same weekend, how crowded is Rausch going to get? Is there going to any room left to camp? Or any rooms left? If there's a competition going on, how many of the trails are going to be closed?
    I'm not trying to piss on anyone's parade or anything. Just trying to see whats going on.
    I also wanted to thank you for keeping this thing going.

12. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

Rausch is having ALOT of work being done from now til late May. They'll be more than capable (they always have been) of handling a WEROC, the Crawl, and its regulars...

All trails WILL be open that weekend. Our group alone is cutting a long new trail presently and should be several more open by then too. There's 30+ miles of trails within the 1700 acres.

As for reservations at Inns/Hotels, I've already stated that it would be wise to reserve them early. They will give discounts to any who mention they/you will be at Rausch Creek.

There is 3 campgrounds within 15 minutes of Rausch as well as Rausch having 3 camp areas, which by the way, are being changed and enlarged. So there'll be no shortage of camp spaces no matter where you want to pitch tent.

Hope that helps

13. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if mines done, ill be there! if not, ill ride with andrew (protechk5)

14. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Do the campsites in Rausch require reservations?

15. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

wait can u bring beer for after wheelin?

16. twoslo4five0

x2 on that..im prolly just goona sleep in the burb but i might bring a tent...now you know jullian no 8 pm bedtime at this event!!!

17. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

so far so good for me and the family to go. we will have to get a room
    becouse i have a baby and the wifey doesnt like the camping.
    i will be heading out on friday afternoon from the northern va area, if anyone is interested in a caravan.
    here is my trailrig:
    [​IMG]

18. twoslo4five0

yeah we might be able to fallow each other...are you towing your rig up???

19. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if mines done ill be driving it up. protechk5 will be as well, so we can all follow eachother

20. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

yeah ill be taking my truck for sure and camping there.