Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

East County Mud

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by K1Orion, Oct 28, 2003.

1. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I figured I would put this out for anybody in the STL area that might be interested . I am always looking for places to go play, especially close to home and I'm sure others are too.I found a place here in Belleville,IL to play in the mud.
    Nothing spectacular but its close to home and fun. Draws a crowd of about 10-15 trucks of all types every weekend and is a great place to screw around. I have even seen 5-6 trucks trailered in from Edwardsville and South county. If anybody is interested PM me.

And if you see a nice place to play, whatever the size, post it up and fill others in. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Not every excursion off the pavement needs to be @ Attica, Hot Springs, or Disney.
    Support your grassroots offroad movement!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Why don't you just tell us more about the place. I know I would like to know more.

3. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

In Belleville
    private property owned by a 20 something guy
    field,maybe 2 acres that is all mud holes

field is bordered by highway on 1 side, a creek on the other
    and is about 15' lower than the surrounding area which provides good place to watch

some trails in the surounding woods, nothing too crazy

But the kicker is that it's a place 1/4 mile from my moms house where my friends and I all use to play as kids
    maybe that is why I am so excited about it

now that I think about it I'm not sure why I even posted it, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifmost of you wouldn't be impressed /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif BUt it is a great place to hang out and watch trucks getting stuck and have a couple beers with friends

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Thanks for posting. It doesnt matter if everyone is into Hardcore rockcrawling or Mud running, we all share the same commom interest.

Being from the Midwest, I definately enjoy seeing people play in the mud. In earlier years, thats all we had! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif